PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Injecter question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Question Injecter question

I have a 1998 Eclipse 420a turbo. I am working and rebuilding the engine. I want to run 20 psi of boost. My question is this will 490cc injecters with a walbro fuel pump 255. Will it be good, too lean, or to rich please awnser this question. thanks Jonathan Morasco

Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

First off, it's not the size of the injector as much as the ability of the ECU not to mention the size of the turbo as well. A larger turbo will push more air than the stock one. Let's use my Conquest as an example. It came with a 12A turbo stock from the factory. Now my car is throttle body injected which means I have only 2 injectors. One is a 650 the other 950 if I remember correctly. That's on the stock system at stock 9 PSI boost level.

Now I've upgraded to a better set of injectors but they are still the same size and I have a 14G turbo installed running in the 10 PSI range still and have no problems. More than anything it's knowing what your system has the capability of running than anything.

Bigger turbo means it will push more air at a lower PSI. See what I'm trying to say? A stock system you should be good up to 15-18 PSI fairly easily though I think 20 would be pushing it just a bit.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Default Sorry for not being specific

Sorry for not being more specific. First off you are truly right and Norfolk Virginia is a beautiful place and was were my favorite movie was filmed "NAVY SEALS,". Alright time to let you in on what I got. They say the stock 420a engine with a turbo on the stock fmu, fuel pump and 200cc injecters can work with a turbo putting out 8 psi on stock internal engine(It is not recommended though). I have a knockoff china turbo of the Garret T04E T3/T4 turbo I want to run 20 psi of boost. I also am getting a 255 walbro fuel pump and still deciding which size accel fuel injecters I should get I thought it would be around 490cc. I do got the Apexi SAFC2 FMU and a will have well customized rebuilt engine. Feel free to look at what I have listed on 2nd gen question of mine "rebuilding my 420a engine,". Dont worry about the turbo It wasnt a broken one from ebay. They do work good with a well built engine and a good driver that maintains his car. But for anyone reading this please look at my thread-post on 2nd gen eclipse

Old 01-26-2011, 11:44 PM

Youll see 10,000 dollars listed on my 2nd gen question in parts no joke promise you. A lot of it machined.