PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

injectors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Exclamation injectors!!!

Hi I have a 97 Mitsubishi eclipse gst I don't do this stuff ver much but I'm trying and I'd like to start doing more witch brings me to my noob questions lol. Well my car was riding ruff and I found out it's the fule injectors now i was wondering if you could tell me how to reaplace it exactly and what the best injector is I know it's a noob question sorry and I really appreciate the help!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 PM

Buddy, your fine man. Questions help you understand, save money & keep your engine going. Dont be afraid to ask. The 4g63 engine is in the Evo and in a few other mitsubishi motors. Now I can only awnser your question if you got a stock car or lightly modified. Your eclipse has 450cc stock injecters. I highly recomend you not to get any bigger injecters untill you get other mods first. Call junkyards & ask if they have any, Galants, lancers or mid-late 90s eclipses. If they do go check. Okay, now to the point. Okay, According to the Haynes manual. First thing is remove your valve cover. Then you are going to see your spark plugs, wires on one side & on the other side you should see your fuel lines & four injecter connecters(if you dont see them remove center cover. Pull the damage or worn out injecter conecters & replace them. I advise you bring a friend or family member that is decent with vehicles. Seriously do not get any bigger injecter size yet. Remember getting bigger injecters will rich your fuel ratio.