For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

Scammer Alert!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Default Scammer Alert!

I have some shocks for sale on this and a number of other forum classified ad sections for coverage, them being high value items that only a serious enthusiast would want and have only been deluged by scammers for them. Having been buying and selling locally to keep my auto enthusiasm going for years and the internet now being a way to extend myself across the world I find this disturbing. BEWARE of these guys, they are easily identified by their enthusiasm for your products and want to pay by certified cheque leading up to them being fraudulent. They also not knowing what they're buying. Check the scammer report websites for more info on how they operate before you accept to sell to them! They won't pursue it once they know you have to have the money free and clear before sending the product. They also usually not having traceable email address's or likely another legitimate address. In replying to these guys I respond with a particularly profane diatribe on how vile scammers are and what I'd like to do to them and they don't get back only to get another one trying another angle.