Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Creaking noise...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Arrow Creaking noise...

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice or maybe an idea of what my issue could be...

So I own a '00 Eclipse GT, love the car the only thing that I am having issues with is for some reason I am getting this odd creaking noise towards the front of my car on the passenger side. The noise doesn't start right away though once the car gets warmed up it starts making this noise. It creaks sometimes when I go over bumps but I hear it a lot when I drive on the thruway as well as when I am making a stop or right when I go from a stop the the gas. You could hear it really loud when you punch the gas. I took it to a mechanic and they said it wasn't anything suspension wise, he said it was all good. The only thing is no one thinks Im crazy cuz they dont hear it. When I drop it off to get fixed I drop it off over night so when they first drive it its still cold. I hear this noise really bad when I come home from work. I travel about 20 miles...

so anyone have any idea what it could be???? Thanks guys

Old 08-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

those cars are know for engine mounts being bad. I would look into the engine mounts on the side that the noise is comming from. Generally you can tell if its bad but where you arent getting any vibrations i doubt the mount is to that extent. But its a possibility.

Does it sound like something that could be suspension? As in does it follow the bumps in the road?

Old 08-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
those cars are know for engine mounts being bad. I would look into the engine mounts on the side that the noise is comming from. Generally you can tell if its bad but where you arent getting any vibrations i doubt the mount is to that extent. But its a possibility.

Does it sound like something that could be suspension? As in does it follow the bumps in the road?
I was thinking it was a suspension part cuz it almost sounds like its lower but it could be an engine mount my car does kinda jump when you put it in reverse, but i just think its weird that it doesn't happen all the time just when its been driven for a while...i got my tie rod replaced cuz it was loose so i thought that was the source of the problem but of course long and behold it wasn't. I know this is a stupid question but where exactly are the engine mounts located? I know on the side of the motor but I can't seem to find them and I know what they look like too haha

Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by fizzwhiz1
I was thinking it was a suspension part cuz it almost sounds like its lower but it could be an engine mount my car does kinda jump when you put it in reverse, but i just think its weird that it doesn't happen all the time just when its been driven for a while...i got my tie rod replaced cuz it was loose so i thought that was the source of the problem but of course long and behold it wasn't. I know this is a stupid question but where exactly are the engine mounts located? I know on the side of the motor but I can't seem to find them and I know what they look like too haha
The car is back in the shop getting the y pipe and catalyic converter replaced...I left a note for the mechanic to look at the motor mounts and transmisson mounts, I don't know what the hell it is, but the creaking is getting worse and getting really annoying!! It creaks to when I put it in and out of drive sometimes in reverse...the mechanic thinks i'm crazy cuz he never hears it, when he works on it it hasnt been driven so it hasnt been warmed up to hear it