Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

How do I slam my eclipse the right way?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004 | 02:18 AM
Default How do I slam my eclipse the right way?

What are my options for lowering my 97 eclipe about 2 inches? Are there different spindals available? Or do i need springs and everything? What I really want to know is how do i do it so it is done right? I obviosly don't want incorrect tire wearing. Thanks a lot. I can't wait to get this done. SO EXCITED. [8D]

Old 11-26-2004 | 05:00 AM
Default RE: How do I slam my eclipse the right way?

Get a pair of lowering springs that you like along with stronger struts and a camber kit. Install all 3 of the sets and then have your camber adjusted/aligned. You'll be happy with it after that pretty much.

Old 12-04-2004 | 01:52 PM

Thanks a lot SpyderMan. Is that how you got yours lowered? Where do I go to find these parts? Do I have to do it online? cause i would rather not. And is it a bad idea to take it to a mechanic to get is all adjusted/aligned? I do know my mechanic, but I'm still not sure to whether he still likes to try and screw me or not.

Old 05-05-2005 | 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Gregory
...I do know my mechanic, but I'm still not sure to whether he still likes to try and screw me or not.
hmm...... I hope your mechanic is a hot chick.

Anyway, do a search on the forum, lots of talk about lowering. If you have tools, space and know what you're doing, buying online and installing yourself (or with friends) is the cheaper way to go. Sometimes, it's the better way to go also since not all mechanics are familiar with coilovers or after market performance parts. Some won't even install them. Road Race Engineering is a good place to get Eclipse performance parts. See http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ (they're not the same as RR performance).

If you don't want too much of a hassle, I think Les Schwab carries Eibach, Koni & KYB products along with camber kits so you can try to get a sweet deal out of them. Just make sure you get the sportsline if you want a 2" drop. Good thing about a place like Les Schwab is the after sales service. Bad thing is probably the price.