Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Suspension Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 04:14 AM
Default Suspension Advice

I just bought a 98 eclipse RS and the car looks really badass its about a 3" drop and i am loving the appearence. About a month after i bought it i had to install some camber kits because i was about 2 degrees off on the back tires. Looking up i saw that the guy i bought it from didnt have coilover springs or much of any springs at all, he just cut them down, which would explain the bumpy *** ride.I decided that i not only want to buy new springs but new shocks and struts to have a "new car" feel to the ride, but still have the same drop to it. I have researched suspension kits everywhere online but i cant seem to come to a decision. Any suggestions?
-Andrew

Old 07-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Default RE: Suspension Advice

As a general rule the lower you go, the harder the ride. Buy a set of lowering springs that are for street applications. They will give you a lowered stance, improved handling, and not feel like a set of coilovers. Alot of newcomers to modification buy parts that are for racing trying to be hardcore and end up regretting it because they are made for groomed racetracks and not city streets. It really depends on how harsh of a ride you can take before it becomes annoying. Just remember, modifying a car is series of comprimises, you have to give something to get something. As far as shocks go, I would suggest something you can adjust to get the ride quality you are looking for. KYB adjust-a-shock, or Koni adjustable are a couple of good ones for a DSM. They will also control any hopping you might get from your new springs.