2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

98 spyder gst need some answers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Default 98 spyder gst need some answers

i just got the car and it was already modified but i dont know anything about a tunner i usually drive muscle cars. i dont know where the turbo on this car is. or what size it may be or what kind of upgrade i should get. it has a NOS hook up in it. i need some help i dont know a thing about turbos

Old 09-14-2009, 08:24 AM

the turbo is right underneath the manifold coming off the front of the motor, if the car has a stock turbo ( which will be a t25 garrett turbo ) then that turbo will be good up to about 15-16 psi " i think "

stock set up has you running at 11 psi, you can get away with tweeking and messing around with the stock set up on the car till about 14psi, then you have to get bigger injectors, a bigger fuel pump, front mount intercooler.... the list goes on and on

if the car has a nos hook up then the previous owner had some intentions on speed, id figure out what turbo is in that car

a big 16g evo III turbo will be able to support about 400 hsp or so, thats probably a good turbo to look into,

completely depends on your goals but you can pretty much do anything with the motor in that car

Old 09-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Ok so you bought a car knowing completely nothing about what is done to it? This is not smart at all. You either need to contact the previous owner or find someone that knows something about cars and find out what exactly is in that car... That means fuel system, tuning device, turbo, exhaust, ect. before i can even help you

Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
Ok so you bought a car knowing completely nothing about what is done to it? This is not smart at all. You either need to contact the previous owner or find someone that knows something about cars and find out what exactly is in that car... That means fuel system, tuning device, turbo, exhaust, ect. before i can even help you
see there in lies the problem. i do know about cars my dad has sold cars ever since i was born and i have been a mechanic for 2 years. i just never worked on a spyder so i dont know much about it. the guy i bought it from sold it to me becuase he is in the army and was called away to duty so theres no reaching him. all i know is that it has a NOS hook up and boost guage the messures to 30 but it only reaches 15 every boost kick in. it has a fight jet switch on it but its not hooked up which i would think would be for amps but its not. and the NOS cable doesnt have any other guages or something to release it in. like i said i know cars i use to be a racer but never delt with tunners only 66-75 muscle cars. mine which i sold which was a total mistake was a 72 chevelle ss with the original 4 shifter with i believe the 424 bigblock v8

Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Well if you can get a good picture of the engine bay and some of the car (front, rear, interior) i may be able to do my best to tell you what you have. But there are alot of things i wont be able to tell you