2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Default RE: blow off valve

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

YA get435 why don't you read up on the GM MAF. You can tune your car with the translator, and get more power unlike venting which does nothing but call unwanted attention.
and make the car run bad...which annoys me enough and then hearing the loud ricer call of the Greddy type S LOL I hate that sound

Old 02-01-2006, 03:32 PM

either way will work just fine and just to let ya know NESpeed some people like the sound of venting dont push your personal prefereances on somone else that is what i am trying to do Yes i did know that the gm mas is better flowing and it can be adjusted with a MAF Translator to comensate for bigger injectors and so on but that isnt the point the point is to give him everoption and let him choose what he likes not us.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:35 PM

ok first of all thanks everyone for helping out!!! well im not a big car person thats knows alot i struggle on that issue until now i started to search about cars...but one person tells me to get this and then the other one says no dont do that.... i got lost lol
can you give me steps one by one on what em i suppose to do??? i dont have the blow off valve yet i just wanted to know what do i do after i buy the BOV so everything can work fine on the car so please help me on steps lol thank you!!!

i do remember my friend having a BOV on an impreza it sounded real loud but it damaged his car some how im not sure plus it lagged alot thats why im here asking but thanks for the info all of you[8D]

Old 02-01-2006, 03:42 PM

ever turbo car has a BOV you have one if u look under the hood it is between the batt and the motor on the upper IC pipe. now all suggestions are good here it is up to you on what u want to do first is the gm maf sensor and the regular recurculated or vented bov the stock one is not good if you plan to up boost on the car so you will need for this option the GM mas the converter from gm to mitsu harness and a bov.

Now the second option is the dual stage bov this is easy install but has downfalls from not having the GM mas if you go to http://www.dejonpowerhouse.com web site it explains in depth the advantages of the GM mas and has all the parts you will need to to the job.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:55 PM

yeah i went to the site iwas checking it out thanks! the one emonz has is vented? i saw the video what a difference...but he also said there where downfalls.... so what do you guys suggest since im new to cars should i just gm maf sensor and the regular recurculated?

by the way emonz nice videos!!

Old 02-01-2006, 04:00 PM

I would go gm mas sensor and if you dont care for the blow off sound than recurculate it or if u like the sound vent it.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:05 PM

so ok im 100% sure that i will get the gm mas sensor...and yes i do like the sound alot so i should vent it...with gm mas sensor will venting it make a downfall or everything will be fine?
and how do you vent it?
sorry if my questions are stupid i just dont know alot about cars

Old 02-01-2006, 04:29 PM

like emonz said venting the BOV with a gm mas will be fine.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:06 PM

ok cool thanks alot for helping me out!!!
ok one more dumb question ummm how do i vent the bov?? well duh im going to have to take it somewhere in order to install everything or should i just let me dad do it( he knows about cars but i dont think he has done that before)

Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

either way will work just fine and just to let ya know
This isnt exactly True... with the daul stage you may not notices the car running any different but it is still loseing air that was counted and the car is still adding in fuel to compensate for that air...When that amount of air never gets into the motor the car becomes rich again either way it is still richening up your A\F and can slow the car down. I learned a little about that the EVO stock runs something like a 9.8A\F which is super rich after leaning it to 11.3 I can feel a HUGE difference in power and it has been shown on dynos to gain 20-30WHP. even though this isnt going to make the car feel much different it is still going to richen it up.

Like I said before IMO the daul stage is just Tacky and you might as well do it the right way if you want to vent a BOV.

Quick Reply: blow off valve