2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Crankwalk

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Default RE: Crankwalk

What's the boost set at? Hopefully it's set to at least stock level.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:27 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

If you had crankwalk, you would notice noises in the engine bay while or after making a left turn. After making a left hand turn, your clutch would stay on the floor after you pressed it.
thats alot of clearence in a thrust bearing to cause that, holy sh*t, i better check mine out before i waste my time on the topend

Old 11-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Yea thats why with every 7 bolt, becuase of the many occurances of this happening, it lurks over your head with the car. Even if it never happens your always worried it might. Thats why i got rid of mine. I got tired of the stupid things that went wrong and being afraid to beat on it

Old 11-14-2006, 10:00 AM

if you want to be completely safe, get a 6 bolt and a conversion kit!! even if you fix this one or replace it, you still have a chance of the new one or fixed one walkin out on you.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

if you want to be completely safe, get a 6 bolt and a conversion kit!! even if you fix this one or replace it, you still have a chance of the new one or fixed one walkin out on you.
X2

Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 AM

On the topic of crankwalk.....
I don't even worry about it anymore. I have a 6 bolt, but it can still happen. It's no fun worrying about something like that and it may even never happen! Fix it if it breaks or fix it to keep it from breaking, whichever you fancy. Bottom line is that a car is a car, something will always break, doesn't matter who makes it or what's put into it, it's not nor will ever be "bullitproof". If it was or can be made that way, parts companies would be out of business.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM

true that theoretically it could happen to any car but it's just an unspoken law on here that the 7 bolts are nitorious for it and the 6 bolts are not... as a matter of fact i don't think i've ever heard of anybody walkin the crank in a 6 bolt.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

true that theoretically it could happen to any car but it's just an unspoken law on here that the 7 bolts are nitorious for it and the 6 bolts are not... as a matter of fact i don't think i've ever heard of anybody walkin the crank in a 6 bolt.
Not many over people even spin bearings.... other than the 3kgt guys cause they always spin bearings kinda like the 7 bolt getting crankwalk lol

Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Metal on metal sound? Have you taken a timing light to it at all? Sounds like you may have a piston contacting a valve... Trying rotating the engine with the spark plugs out getting each one to TDC and looking through the spark plug hole. See if you can see clean half circle marks that would indicate contact. That would not only give a loss of power but also cause the sound.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Metal on metal sound? Have you taken a timing light to it at all? Sounds like you may have a piston contacting a valve... Trying rotating the engine with the spark plugs out getting each one to TDC and looking through the spark plug hole. See if you can see clean half circle marks that would indicate contact. That would not only give a loss of power but also cause the sound.
Okay say is this is the problem. i would have to get a new valve and piston, but what about anythign else. wouldi have to get it sleved or anything else. But yeah there is a mass loss in power. Im goign to go find a timing light gun later

Quick Reply: Crankwalk