2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

gettinga new clutch need insight.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:44 AM
Default RE: gettinga new clutch need insight.

okay, i guess everyone missed it... i was asking what kinda clutch to get.

but i do not want to get the act 2600, i am gonna build the car with about 350hp...

this is the thing... i am gonna use it as a daily driver... i can deal with a less smooth engagement of a 6puck if it will increase the holding load from just hard acceleration. i am not gonna be racing, but if i do get on the throttle, it won't be slipping the clutch, i don't feel like dragracing it or launching it all over the place.

i was wondering ALOT about fidanza but do not know what the pressure plates are rated at?

also, does anyone know anything about titanmotorsports clutchkits?

Old 04-24-2008, 07:08 AM

ok i guess you missed it... i dont understand why you wouldnt want the act2600? its not that much pedal pressure, but will work the best for 350... if you get the 2100 it'll be shot way sooner and a waste of money. and getting a 6 puck would be retarded cause you'd hate to drive that thing as a daily driver cause it'd be so lurchy

Old 04-24-2008, 11:25 AM

okay if you wanna keep shoving the **** in my face... i have done all my research that i need to do. here is my situation since you can't just get over it. the act2600, has a very strong pressure plate, and it clamps now and doesn't lose any grab whatsoever. yeah it is so great,

-i have a 7 bolt, it has 204,000 miles. i am gonna be using it as a daily driver, i want to not break my engine before i build it. i want to have a clutch that can hold a good amount of the power, but the act2600 is known for putting a lot of stress on the drivetrain and axles, and most of all make the car much more likely to crankwalk. so here is the plan....

right now, i am taking my car out of non-operable position and getting it running so i can get back and forth to work. but, i am putting most of the supporting mods i would need for a great400-450hp setup on my car now. i will tune it (decently) and run a lower amount of boost. so i am gonbna try to have 300-350hp to the wheels and i don't want to be pushing the clutch past it limits without even pushing the pedal all the way. but i am not gonna beat the hell outta it all the time. i am not gonna hammer it and try to break it. i just want to somewhat safely take advantage of all the nice mods i will have until i can finish the build and do it all right. i wuld rather the weaker point be the clutch then anything else just to be safe.

in 6 months i am going to have the rest of my money save up for my completely built block,head,tranny/drivetrain(when i get the gsx shell) the thing is, i am gonna pull everything outta my car in that 6 months, and then i am gonna run a really kickass clutch, the 2600 or maybe even something stronger when i am at around 400-450.... but i wanna wait to do that until i am getting it all done right. plus, i am gonna be getting a good shop to do the tune that time. i am planning on going with the 2.1 destroker with a 10:1 comp ratio. and will have my head and tranny built to handle anything. i am gonna wait until i get my gsx shell (hope to find one with just the tranny sand rear end, or a blown motor or something.... and throw ALL of my stuff on the gsx. i am gonna somewhat enjoy my dying gst until i can make my gsx a super kickass monster.

i will keep the gst and use it as a 300hp ish... daily driver. and that is why i will want the lighter clutch. cuz it is gonna stay in my daily driver, and i am not gonna wanna fully build a gsx and put a used clutch in it. seriously guys i have really thought my stuff thru. that why i wanted to get the clamploads and rating for hp on the clutches... and blah blah. the only reason why i didn't want the act 2100, is cuz it seems like the weakest of all the clutches in the same price range.

hopefully you kinda unserstand where i am coming from right now. i have fully thought it thru and been planning this for a long *** time. and some clutches are just hard as hell to find specs for. it doesn't help make the process easier for me.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:14 PM

wait you have over 200,000 miles on ur car and your gonna try to push it over 300hp before at least and engine rebuild?? good luck.. and dont bea dick, you came here asking for suggestions, we gave you ours

Old 04-24-2008, 03:16 PM

the car runs great and has perfect compression across all cylinders. so what is the problem? as for you guys answering my questions.. i asked aked which of the clutches i chose would be the closest to what i need. specifically saying... i do not want the act2600....

i am not being a dick. think about it this way... if you were to take a multiple choice test, the question is find the highest number of all these: 1,2,3,4.... are you gonna write "5" next to the answer box? i am not being a dick. i asked, what clutch is gonna give me the best performance for what i am looking for out of a group of clutches. i didn't want to have to explain everything and my plans for you guys. that's alot of typing.

i just wanted to know, which would have a a better clamp load and better hp/tq rating, while not allowing as much stress to be put on my car as the act2600.

i appreciate your input, and thanks for answering my question about the disc types. but, i have heard too many stories where someone jumps from a lighter clutch (act2100) then throws an act2600 on there car and not soon after their car crankwalks.... due to the pressure of the clutch apparrently. i have known my car for a while, and it is a good car. i would rather take is easy on my clutch then buy something that could kill my engine without me even turning up the power or trying to drive like an idiot. i am not one of those guys that is all scared of crankwalk... but it has been somewhat proven that those clutches increase the chances alot more then most clutches.

what are your opinions on that stuff? have you ever heard anything like that? cuz i read it all over the place... and that is all that threw me off with having a higher mileage car and that clutch.