2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Installing new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Default RE: Installing new exhaust

the hack saw was a joke everone but for real go to the store and pick up a $4 bottle&tourch it comes in one package can get it just about any store that has automotive department. I have used this on exhaust before and it works for the fact that the nut will exspand larger than the bolt because it gets hoter.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM

I may or may not do it on my own.. I really haven't decided... Is it hard to menuver the muffler and pipe over the rear axle when the car is only lifted up a foot or so? I mean, say I do get the nuts off the cat converter, buy a new gasket for that connection, undo the 3 nuts from the muffle pipe and the .. I guess its a center or mid pipe??... and remove the stock from the hangers... I still have to do some funky squeezing to get the new one up and over the rear axle.. just not sure how much room I need...

And what am I suppose to do if I break a stud or something at the cat?? This is my every day car.. I can't **** something up on it and have no vehicle.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

If you break something on the cat... **** it drive it w/o the exhaust a day or 2 won't hurt anything in the long run. And I dunno how much of a lift you need to get the exhaust on but it shouldn't be THAT hard...

Old 01-03-2006, 12:25 PM

drive my car without an exhaust?... lol, dude, what the hell? I'm not sure if that was a form of weird wacked advice or a joke. lol... I'll probably try this weekend again or something.. I dunno... but I'm not driving around without an exhaust, so I hope nothing breaks

Old 01-03-2006, 12:31 PM

it was serious it wont hurt your car.. just be a little loud...

Old 01-03-2006, 12:33 PM

lol... a little huh? ... just a little? Hopefully I won't have to hear this little loud sound

Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 PM

lol our cars sould like the end of the world with out an exaust... when i fu3ked up my cayt i drove for 3 days with out an exaust, holy **** is it loud. Also the throttle response is unreal.... no back pressure.

Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 PM

hahaha, yeah, it would suck for me... I have a 20 minute drive to work everyday.. and then back home...that would be 40 minutes a day of non-stop NNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 01-03-2006, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: mysterio2099

I may or may not do it on my own.. I really haven't decided... Is it hard to menuver the muffler and pipe over the rear axle when the car is only lifted up a foot or so? I mean, say I do get the nuts off the cat converter, buy a new gasket for that connection, undo the 3 nuts from the muffle pipe and the .. I guess its a center or mid pipe??... and remove the stock from the hangers... I still have to do some funky squeezing to get the new one up and over the rear axle.. just not sure how much room I need...

And what am I suppose to do if I break a stud or something at the cat?? This is my every day car.. I can't **** something up on it and have no vehicle.
than you go to autozone, napa,chker and buy a new one for like 20-40 i beleve they are.

I got one my cuz has a kia yes i said kia. anyways his muffler got tore off about 1 1/2 years ago and his car sounded very good no backfire i mean it sounded deep not like a tin can. so we left it alone and he had a littl pipe we welded on to face the exhaust down so we come pulling out of sonic in his car and all of the sudden it is loud as **** imean LOUD! we pull over and he hit the j pipe we pointed down and riped off the rest of the exhaust so now he has cat 10-12" of pipe and that is it man ill tell you that car is so loud it will give you a headache just riding in it. Oh when people pull up to him and ask home what he did to his car we tell them he has no-tech exhaust. LMAO

Old 01-03-2006, 02:45 PM

lol, well... I don't want to break anything. If I break something then I end up paying more money ... if I want to pay money I could have a shop do it... I hate spending money... i hate it.. I'm a greedy little bastard. lol.. oh.. and I don't want a loud *** car

Quick Reply: Installing new exhaust