2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Turbo timers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Default Turbo timers

I'm pretty sure i know how these work (let the turbo wind down rather than comming to a complete stop) but do the stock turbo timers work fine or is it a good idea to upgrade?

Old 11-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Default RE: Turbo timers

ORIGINAL: X Treme

I'm pretty sure i know how these work (let the turbo wind down rather than comming to a complete stop) but do the stock turbo timers work fine or is it a good idea to upgrade?
thats not how a turbo timer works. a turbo timer keeps the car running so that the turbo has time to cool down. shutting the car off while the turbo is still blazing hot is very bad for a turbo. letting the car idle for a few mins allows the turbo to cool enough to not cause internal damage. when you install a turbo timer, you can take the keys out of the ignition and the car will still sit at idle for a period of time(you will tell it how long to idle).

and no eclipse comes stock with a turbo timer.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Default RE: Turbo timers

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

ORIGINAL: X Treme

thats not how a turbo timer works. a turbo timer keeps the car running so that the turbo has time to cool down. shutting the car off while the turbo is still blazing hot is very bad for a turbo. letting the car idle for a few mins allows the turbo to cool enough to not cause internal damage. when you install a turbo timer, you can take the keys out of the ignition and the car will still sit at idle for a period of time(you will tell it how long to idle).

and no eclipse comes stock with a turbo timer.
please delete this post....i clicked quote instead of edit