3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

CD Player reads - no sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Default CD Player reads - no sound

Hi,

I have a 2003 eclipse gs. The cd player will read the cds, play them, the radio and so on. However no sound is coming out. There is the infinity amp under the passenger seat.

I have also recently purchased a new aftermarket cd player and the same problem occurs. What would be your best guess as to the problem? No fuse problems either. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming quite annoying.

If it is the amp, what is the best way to bypass it as it isnt something I really need (at least with the new unit). To splice the wires going into the amp? Anyone know which match which if this is how to do it? I believe there is also an adapter that lets you use the amp along with the aftermarket HU - anyone suggest the best place to grab one of these if this is considered the best solution.

Can you just splice together the wires that go into the amp to bypass it? If so does anyone know which colors go to which etc?

Sorry for the fragmented post but its been a long day.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old 11-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Default RE: CD Player reads - no sound

I had a similar problem. I put in an aftermarket cd player and one day, the sound just stopped. I couldnt hear a thing. But it would turn on and read CDs. I eventually changed it back to the stock one and it worked. While i was changing it, it didnt work at first either. And it was a red wire that connects to the fuse box under the Driver side dash. Check that out to see if its lose.

I dont know if this makes sense...