Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 Eclipse: A/C Leaking (condensation) (help please!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Default 01 Eclipse: A/C Leaking (condensation) (help please!)

Hey guys, thanks for taking a look!

The A/C on my 01 Eclipse is leaking a substantial amount of water onto the driver-side front footwell. It's coming from nearby the evaporator, and I'm pretty sure it's just debry that has built up over time - causing the condensation to build up and overflow into the passenger compartment.

First, took apart the dash and managed to get to where I could reach the evaporator unit, but removing it would have been a lot more work so I left it in. I managed to reach in and clear out quite a bit of debry from inside the unit. I then put the car up on ramps and tried to clear out the drain tube with a coat hanger - I got a small amout out, probably loosend things up.

I tested the A/C and it seemed to have fixed the problem. The passenger compartment was no longer filling up with water, and the condensation was exiting the drain tube as normal. However, when I was driving the next day the problem started again.

The questions:
1. Do any of you have experiance with the problem? How did you fix it?
2. Should compleatly removing the evaporator unit, cleaning it throughly, and blasting compressed air up the drain tube do the job?
3. Do you think I'm better off just taking it to a shop?

Thanks!