Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'99 3000GT Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Default '99 3000GT Sound System

I have run into problems twice now when my garaged 3000's battery ran down and the anti-theft sytem on the stock CD/Radio forces you to enter a four digit code to reactivate the system once the battery is restored (the system thinks the unit has been stolen). Well, both times I thought I knew the code and was too lazy to go looking for it. After three failed attempts, the system locks you out and the dealer supposedly has to pull the unit to fix it. The first time this happened, I somehow got the system to give me another chance to enter the code, which I did with no problem-I thought by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again-but no luck this time.
Has anybody out there run into this problem??? Any help you can lend a fellow Mitsu-owner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave Hendricks Gig Harbor, Wa.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Default RE: '99 3000GT Sound System

ORIGINAL: Lizzardden

I have run into problems twice now when my garaged 3000's battery ran down and the anti-theft sytem on the stock CD/Radio forces you to enter a four digit code to reactivate the system once the battery is restored (the system thinks the unit has been stolen). Well, both times I thought I knew the code and was too lazy to go looking for it. After three failed attempts, the system locks you out and the dealer supposedly has to pull the unit to fix it. The first time this happened, I somehow got the system to give me another chance to enter the code, which I did with no problem-I thought by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again-but no luck this time.
Has anybody out there run into this problem??? Any help you can lend a fellow Mitsu-owner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave Hendricks Gig Harbor, Wa.

I'd just buy a new cdplayer or contact a dealer.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Default RE: '99 3000GT Sound System

your first problem is that you are too lazy to look for the code, heh. I suggest 1 FINDING IT and 2 WRITING it down somewhere like your wallet so you will have it. i don't know about 3000gt's but for most stereos with codes when you fail after 3 times and it locks you, it usually works again after a couple of hours. if you had to go to the dealer everytime that would be a huge hastle. but if you cant find your code then your going to have to.