Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Question Battery Drain

I would really appreciate some help with his. My son purchased a used 2007 Endeavor about a month ago. The dealer (non-Mitsubishi) claimed the vehicle was perfect except for a bad battery which they had replaced. Two weeks after purchasing the vehicle, it wouldn't start. We took the vehicle to the local Mitsubishi dealer who said the battery was dead. I spoke directly with the mechanic who said he checked for any excessive draw on the battery and that everything was within specs. We replaced the battery with a new one. Two weeks after that - same thing. The new battery is now also dead. We tried jumping the car on both occasions and were unable to do that. I'm skeptical that we had two bad batteries in a row. I assume this is either something drawing down the battery or a problem with the charging system. The vehicle does have an ipad adapter that was installed after the vehicle was purchased new. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this ? Could it be a short in the electrical system and if so, how do we find that ? I'm surprised the car couldn't be jumped. Does that mean anything ?