Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Shudders While Accelerating or Climbing Hills - Only at Highway Speed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Default RE: Car Shudders While Accelerating or Climbing Hills - Only at Highway Speed...

I'm going to have it done next week and will post the results. Will driving it in this condition cause damage to the transaxle or is it just annoying?

Thanks again, you been incredibly helpful!!

Hope You and Your Family have a Happy and Safe Holiday!

Scott

Old 12-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned
Default RE: Car Shudders While Accelerating or Climbing Hills - Only at Highway Speed...

Manybrews your awesome.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: SDRaymond

I'm going to have it done next week and will post the results. Will driving it in this condition cause damage to the transaxle or is it just annoying?

Thanks again, you been incredibly helpful!!

Hope You and Your Family have a Happy and Safe Holiday!

Scott
it shouldnt.

as I said though, if its bad enough a flush MAY not take care of it. I havent had one yet that needed a new torque converter, but its possible.

Old 12-24-2006, 07:01 PM

i had a bad cv that would only shudder under a load hills or passing

Old 12-31-2006, 04:45 PM

Well Gents, as of yesterday, I'm a Happy Camper!!

I scheduled a transaxle flush and fill for last Wednesday 12/27. When I arrived, the Service Manager informed me that they didn't have the equipment to complete a flush, they were just going to change the fluid. Well, I had done that the week before, so I said "no thanks"...

I decided to check out the CV Joints as recommended. THANKS!! The inner CV Joint on the RH CV Shaft had a 1/2" slit in it. I ordered a replacement shaft assembly manufactured by EMPI, all new parts, not re-manufactured. The project was "less than fun",but my car is running smooth again!

Thanks for all the input everybody!!

Be Safe and Have a Happy New Year!

Scott

Old 02-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Default RE: Car shudder 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 GT

Hello,

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 GT and the same symptoms, but since I am stationed overseas I would need some help and info.

(Manybrews could you help me here). I would need the complete 3 Pages of the shown TSB-03-23-006 to show my mechanic what to do since they dont know car over here.

The bad thing: I had the car serviced in Ft Hood ( got a 60k service at 50K to be sure all is done (Timing belt etc)before I came over here last year, but the mechanic there only put half of the trans fluid in there as I found out.)So this led to transmission slips when driving around corners. And I am sure didn't help in the overall picture (heat. lack of lubrication) and I paid $1300 for a crappy job, so dealer there took advantage of me.

So correct me if I am wrong. to get rid of shudder, first thing is to flush, then use SPIII (although this didn't helpe here), if not gone then replace torque converter, correct ???

If so, could somebody provide me the complete TSB 3 Pages and tell me the exact part # of the torque converter and approx price.

Since being stationed overseas and handling car issues, in a country where there are no parts available is no fun.

Thank you very much !

Take care.

JV