Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major problems with '91 Galant

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Default Major problems with '91 Galant

Hello. I nedd advise bad! In the last month I have taken my car to my mechanic 5 times. IT all started when my car would seem like my timeing belt was skipping, so I took it in, and the mechanic said it was the belt- they were replace, as well as a oil leak fix. Also my mechanic idle'd up my car because it kept wanting to die with the air conditioner on at a stop light. The engine would then run real fast ansd noisy. Drove the car for a week, and the symptom started all over again, and also the car made a super loud noise in the belts. 2nd time taking it in, he idle'd it back down, and when he did he said the aie conditioner belt snapped and hit him in the face almost. Now I have no air conditioner. Drove it for a week again,.. then one day the engine light came on and the car started to seem like it wanted to die driving, and when I come to a stop light it would kick real bad. Took it in again, and he concluded that the transmission fluid was needing to be changed, and no metal chips were in the fluid. Also said a plug was completely clogged. I have now had it back for 3 days, and it has done fine up to today. It is doing the exact same thing again with the engine light going on, then the kicking engine thing. Anyone have any idea's??? Can it be the mechanic messed it up by idle'ing the car up? Or the timing belt not installed properly? Or could it be the transmission is going out? THANKS! Chris