Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

My car alarm goes off, and the radio will go off and on...

Old 08-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Default My car alarm goes off, and the radio will go off and on...

My radio's been doing it for a few days now... when I start the car sometimes it blinks on and off and then works fine. But it's turned off completely twice where I had to put the code in and everything. I think it might of had something to do with the lose battery cable. I looked under the hood and the cable that connects to the red prong on the battery was REALLY lose, so I tightened it last night. Then this morning when I started the car the alarm started going off. We had to take out the fuses to the beeping horn and flashing lights to make it stop. Later when we put the fuses back in, the alarm was fine again and didn't go off. If anyone has any suggestions of where to start to get to the bottom of these problems it would much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:26 PM

Your Alarm is it Original Alarm for your car meaning it was factory installed.

The person who installed your Car Alarm aftermarket did it wrong on the wirings.

If yes, You can go to best buy ask the guys who install car sterero, dvd player etc etc to fix it for you. That's the only place that can professionally help you without ruining your wirings. They will even tell you which wirings are wrong and avoid those around the block store that install car alarms or anything about electronics they don't usually do a good job than Best Buy Techs. In Best Buy there is a warranty on electronic installations

I done that a millions times with Best Buy they really fixed my electrical wirings on my car or the expensive dealers if you can afford.