Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Park lights stay on rear and front

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Default Park lights stay on rear and front

Hi i have an auto electrical prob my park lights and rear lights stay on even when i have them switched off i have to unplug the battery to dissable the lights, i have a Mitsubishi magna elite 88 model can anyone give advice please

Old 05-14-2005, 02:36 PM
pc
Default RE: Park lights stay on rear and front

First two places I would look are the light switch, and the light relay. You can try to disconnect the wires from the switch and see if that turns the lights off. You can also test the relay to see if that is stuck on. Electrical problems without wiring diagrams are very difficult to trace. Use a test light to verify power on/off. Your owners manual may show you where the relay is. I don't know if there is one relay for the headlights and park lights or two separate. Parking lights may not even need a relay as the current draw may be low enough and so only go through a fuse. Disconnect the relay and see if the lights go out.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:04 AM
Default RE: Park lights stay on rear and front

[8D] HI

Thanks for replying i have checked the relays everything thing seems fine i hope that ive found them all , ill check the switch hopefully ill find the prob soon this is really strange cause it was daylight i pulled up somewhere and noticed my park lights were on i checked to see if the switch was on and it was off, you've been helpful thanks again for replying

ROCK ON DUDE