Throttle/Idle problem 03 2.3l eclipse GS - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Old 07-29-2018, 10:33 PM

Default Throttle/Idle problem 03 2.3l eclipse GS

So I bought the vehicle about a month or so ago. Lady said it needed an ECU. However looking further into it, it did not. Replaced everything it needed, fuel pump, EGR valve, Throttle sensor, cam sensor, and spark plugs. Now before replacing the fuel pump and when I got it up and running ( because the cam sensor was bad) it ran horribly bogged down when driving and everything. Well I replaced the fuel pump and bam! Throttle response was on point, drove like it should, idled the way it was suppose to, but didnít turn over like it was suppose to, so I replaced the cam and throttle sensor. The problem Iím having now is that itíll idle at about 1500 and only rev up to about 4G with me lightly pressing the throttle in, if I floor it it completely Boggs down and acts like itís going to shut off but doesnít then goes back to idling at 1500. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Iím being told by people at work that itís out of time, but my thing is, is that how could it be out of time if nothing was done to any portion of that. It ran fan when all I did was replace the fuel pump and that was with a bad cam (it just needed a little extra get up to start. So is it true that it could be out of time?