Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wont start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 03:02 AM
Default Wont start!!!

I had ran the car dry on accident after a motor swap trying to get it up to temperature . It ran fine , but after i installed lambo doors and put gas in , NOTHING . Fuel pump is working , what else could i do??? No spark either from the coilpack . I heard it could be the Electronic Relay , where is that ? and is it possible that the wires for the lambo door could have affected something. ECU??? whats wrong , need good advice!~

Old 03-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Default RE: Wont start!!!

First check to see if the fuel pump is comming on, when you key up the motor(one position before start) you should be able to hear it buzz.... your going to have to remove the back seat and stick your ear to the plate because its a stock pump. Then check to see if the car is getting fuel, remove a spark plug and crank her over(like a compression test) and see if you can smell gas. If you cant smell gas chances are your problem lies with the ecu. Sometimes the fuse for the ecu will pop and it wont recieve power causing no fuel or spark. Also what year is your 420a you may be able to do a key dance to see whats wrong.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:48 PM

Its a 98 GS , the fuel pump is deffinatly coming on , but i dont smell any gas etc. So which fuse could be blown???? and where is the ecu , is it the box under the hood next the the fuse box??? i really want my car to run !!!! So why would getting no fuel cause me to not get spark ? dont i need spark before i get fuel???

Old 03-31-2006, 06:51 PM

Also every other function works properly , if the ecu was bad , wouldnt the whole car have problems??? isnt there an electronic relay for the ignition . I read further into the forum and a lady was having the same problem as me , she ran out of gas , put gas in , and then nothing. And she later said she got back from the mechanic and it was the ignition relay???? HELP

Old 03-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Shownolove

Its a 98 GS , the fuel pump is deffinatly coming on , but i dont smell any gas etc. So which fuse could be blown???? and where is the ecu , is it the box under the hood next the the fuse box??? i really want my car to run !!!! So why would getting no fuel cause me to not get spark ? dont i need spark before i get fuel???
well your ECU is right underneath your glovebox.