Capping off intake

Old 07-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Default Capping off intake

I got an injen intake on my gst. I removed the line that sends oil and hot gas from the crank. I need to cap off the hole that the hose used to connect to. does anyone have any ideas on what to cap it off with. I also un plugged the BSC so I need a cap for that as well.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Default RE: Capping off intake

terrible idea.
if you're talking about the part I think you're talking about, its the breather for the crankcase vent. plugging it will allow pressure to build in the crankcase, thereby forcing oil out of seals and gaskets, and also robbing you of power, not to mention being basically a stupid idea.

It never ceases to amaze me the "re-engineering" people think they can do to their cars, as though the automakers somehow know less.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:29 PM

Just to let you know I am capping the nipple on the intake not the motor. I got a filter on it already. I don't know what you drive or if you even have a clue about cars yourself. Next time you need to watch who you are calling stupid. and if you don't have an anwser don't post anything.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:35 PM

first, I DID answer. you were quite vauge about what you were "capping"

second, Ive forgotten more about cars than you will probably ever know (as if that is somehow pertinent to the topic).

third, it is still very stupid to vent the crankcase to the atmosphere, as you gain NOTHING but polluting our planet. You do not gain power, you do not keep your intake manifold cleaner, you do not look cool.. All you do is spew oil vapor (mixed with raw hydrocarbons, the main reason its vented to the air cleaner) into the air under boost, a lot of which will end up on your engine over time.

but have it your way.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:03 PM

If you know SO much then why don't you share you extensive knowlage. I mean you know so much you have 54 post in 3 years wow. And not everything is HP. If I keep the "raw hydrocarbons" out of the engine it keeps the intercooler and the engine cleaner so it can run longer.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 99clipsgst

If you know SO much then why don't you share you extensive knowlage.
you need to ask a question, first. and its "knowledge".

I mean you know so much you have 54 post in 3 years wow. And not everything is HP. If I keep the "raw hydrocarbons" out of the engine it keeps the intercooler and the engine cleaner so it can run longer.
what does post count have to do with anything?
also, the car wont run longer with the external (and illegal) vent. You see, gasoline is nothing more than raw hydrocarbons. It is the fuel that propels your car down the road.
the engine is designed to burn the oil and fuel vapor that gets expelled by the PCV system; thats why its filtered and vented to the intake.
as much as 25 percent of the air your engine uses at idle comes through the PCV system. And under boost the ventilation switches direction, blowing out of the filter rather than pulling in.

the oil/fuel that is expelled is a VAPOR, which will and is meant to be burned in the combustion process, thereby dropping emission levels massively. By installing that rediculous filter, you effectively have brought your car back to a 1950s level, without gaining a thing in the process.
you will NOT keep your intercooler "cleaner" or make it last longer. It will work exactly the same and last the same time as it would either way. that is a fact.