who has sportronic?got a question...and underated engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Default who has sportronic?got a question...and underated engine

just out of curiousity ,i saw a vid of a guy racing in his eclipse gt auto,with the cam view on the dash /odometer,as well,he mentioned it was a sportronic,but he was shifting in the 7200 rpm ,correct me if im wrong 7200 rpm=bad for motor right?but all the other eclipse guys were saying it was sweet shifting .idk ive raced alot of fools out here ,and never went over 6500 and beat everyone ,from acura rsx type s with an exhaust,wat a slow car hehe,to mustang gt (07)beat him too,to ..hell from big trucks with v10's diesels..to monster truck types..LOL,srt-4 ez kill ,ehh ne way im damn sure our engines are underated,my buddy dynoed stock 248 whp so that would be near 290 bhp.and after an exhaust and intake ,you should be near 270 whp i figure.thats 310 bhp!!well im gonna get a dyno done next week,i have a magnaflow,second catless exhaust,and injen cai,so ill let ya guys know wat im runnin to perhaps prove the theory wtih those two mods alone ,we should be about 268 whp,308 bhp.'

Old 12-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Default RE: who has sportronic?got a question...and underated engine

so youre tryin to tell me you beat an srt-4,"withno problem"well i dont think the driver knew how to drive that srt-4! you see you will kill an srt off the line! but if he or she knows how to drive itthen when they get grip you are fukin dead, i get to tinker with srt-4 all day! my best friend owns one! and i havent seen one NT eclips even come close to even beating him! specialy with a frikin auto!
to come to think of it the only auto that even put up a good fight was my friends harley ED F150 supercharged!

But hey i could be wrong.
post some vid of this kill, sorry i am a strong belever in the viper's in diper's

Old 12-27-2006, 08:28 PM

heh.i never raced the srt-4 with an auto .mines the manual.,are u so certain that the eclipse drivers were driving their rides properly when ur buddy was beating them?mini vipers...hell they're just suped up neons with horrible exhaust noise,yea they're fast..and yea i beat two ,.i have no vids but maybe u can get ur buddy to meet me half way and we can race ,depending on if he modded up his car to the sky.i only have the cai and exhaust for now.BTW ,our eclipse have no turbo, no supercharger,just a 6 cylinder that can beat these lil punk turbo cars ,..lol just imagine if i put a trubo or supercharger in m y ride ill be lookin for that viper to race [8D]

Old 12-27-2006, 09:01 PM

As much as i despise srt-4's, i dont see you beating them easily. I mean youve got a fairly heavy, NA car. I personally have never driven or seen a new eclipse run, but im sure they arnt as fast as the 2g's. My guess would be 15 second 1/4 mile or so. Were you sure the srt-4 guys knew how to drive?

Old 12-28-2006, 01:02 AM

he ran a 14.3 with the mopar b/v, and a short ram intake, not much moding there if you ask me! now i am not sure what his car is runnin?i installed an ARC f/m/i, msd ignition "coil and wires",NGK plugs, and a cold side hard pipe, plus a guted exaust. and i think it sound frikin awsome no frikin bon bon here!

you can keep your v6, this 2.4 4 banger will run youre **** of the road any day of the week![:-]

sorry dude i am geting way out of hand! but ya i live in minnesota so if youre ever up this way let me know so we can really see how fast you are!

Old 12-28-2006, 01:14 AM

hey guys,no im not tryin to disrespect anyone,each to their own rides .the stock eclipse gt runs 14.5 to 14.02 i ve seen on trap times.and with the exhaust and cai like mine, ive seen slips normally around high 13s .not bad huh .heheh

Old 12-28-2006, 01:19 AM

2006 eclipse gt 1/4 mile trap times.go that site ull see :P...........wat 2'gs?are faster than the new eclipse maybe if it had a twin turbo yea hahahah

Old 01-02-2007, 08:11 PM

He's right about the times. I have an 06 GT with 6spd. Out the box it does 14.5 1/4's and 5.8 0-60. If you replace those lousy RS-A tires with some descent ones, free up the exhaust and help it breath I'm sure you can get a hair under 14.
My next thing to do is get a beefier clutch because the stock mitsi clutch sucks and is over powered.
Will it beat an SRT-4? It's all about the driver on that one. The 07 SRT-4 will have 300hp so thats not that much more than the GT. At least not in regards to car speed. Plus the SRT takes a bit to spool up turbo. The GT has torque from the moment you hit the gas so the 300hp isn't enough to make up the difference, in my opinion.
I still think it's close enough to where it's all about the drivers.