Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Mods to start???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mods to start???

also i just noticed you might want to relocate that MBC. It kinda just on top of everything. You need to ziptie it down. Also where the hell is that thing connecting over the valve cover?!. It should only be on the turbo

And i just looked at the picture of the car. Looks good

Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 PM

thanx for the complement i get it a lot, but after all this bs i've gone thru with the car i'm jsut ready to move on. and i did recirculate the bov back to the intake, just did it a few days ago. about the mbc i think it actually goes to sum place on the intake itself, which i thought was weird. And the other side goes from the bov and the wastegate to it

Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 PM

emissions are gone to. the line off the bov should go to where the mbc line goes on the intake manifold. then both mbc lines should go on the turbo/wastegate. that car was on dsmtrader not to long ago to...

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 PM

ha it still is on dsmtrader,lol alright so i put the bov line on the intake mani i got that changed now, and i got one line off of the mbc going to the wastegate, but where does the one on the turbo go? i didn't get that part
and if it was wrong, then how the f*** did it work before like that?

Old 01-18-2008, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Yea a MBC will help alot because your car only runs about 10-12psi and that extra 3-5psi will see a large increase. With any increase in power of course will cause a small decrease in fuel economy however that the price you pay for power. But with just the MBC its gonna be almost negligable. The cost can average from $20-$100 depending on the quality you go with. The couple of name brands that are proven to work well are these

The Joe P xz MBC which is only $45 is nice
http://www.joepmbc.com/mbc.html

Dejon MBC Shown third down for $50 (comes with a mounting bracket)
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclgages.htm

Hallman MBC
http://www.dsmparts.com/customer/pro...=10&page=1

To me i like the Joe P the best out of them since there are so many people that use them and love them.
10 to 12psi on stock 2nd gen eclipse? Back in the day when i had my 99 eclipse gst the first thing i did was put a boost gauge in the car and stock it was running 14psi and would hold all the way to red line. i've heard alot of people say it only runs 11psi kinda like ur saying. I own an evo 8 and dynoed it bone stock at 244.7 whp with an a/f ratio of 11 to 11.3 which is perfect , but once again everyone says stock evo's run really rich like right around 10 . what am the lucky guy getting all the factory freaks

Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

there is no possible way that a stock ecu bone stock evo was running 11-11.3 a/f ratio. I guarentee that car had a flash done on it at one point

Old 01-19-2008, 02:48 PM

Okay we'll say someone did flash the ecu on it. all they would of reflashed was fix the air fuel cause all the other settings are stock ie " rev limitor , speed limitor , boost tappering , and boost level , and no 2 step launch control. I can send you my dyno graph with air fuel on it.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Evo2nv

Okay we'll say someone did flash the ecu on it. all they would of reflashed was fix the air fuel cause all the other settings are stock ie " rev limitor , speed limitor , boost tappering , and boost level , and no 2 step launch control. I can send you my dyno graph with air fuel on it.
that is acutally a common flash. There are quite a few people that do that but leave the car 100% stock otherwise because its a daily driver and stock gas milage is AWFUL it is literally as good as a SUV or something so the AFR flash would fix that and add a few ponies. and your ar did dyno IMO like 10-20HP higher than the norm

Old 01-21-2008, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: Evo2nv

that is acutally a common flash. There are quite a few people that do that but leave the car 100% stock otherwise because its a daily driver and stock gas milage is AWFUL it is literally as good as a SUV or something so the AFR flash would fix that and add a few ponies. and your ar did dyno IMO like 10-20HP higher than the norm
Well Mike I think it might have gottensome kinda flash. Stock speed limitorwhich is 155 is not there cause i've done 165 roughly , but stock rev limitor at 7600 is there , boost cut i wannasay is not there cause i have my upper and lower i/c pipes in , my intake andperrin light weight crank pulleyand i can get on itfull throttlein the cold and it doesn't hitboost cut at all. boost tappering i'm not sure about cause i don't got a boost gauge yet so thats to be determind. Once i get my tbe , fuel pump , bov i'm doing a reflash reguardless what might be there i don't wanna run lean and melt a piston. I'm heading down to dynoflash down in stamford , ct i heard they are wicked good and did like 650 + evo's last year alone on there dyno and another 1000+ just in mail order flash's . They guy told me 350 for a dyno tune and 100 bucks everytime after that when i do a new mod.