Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

let me know what ya think

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Default let me know what ya think

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681320/4

First I cut out the letters on the truck lid with a Hott nife (or soldering iron) what ever works. Then I sanded edges down and Repainted the part that is now black. Next is to cut out a peace of Plexi Glass and molded it to the lid (dont use hott glue) will melt on those hott summer days..I used 4040 or 4058 (sandable) Then Take your resistor ready LED's and mold them in to place. I used about 15 LED's and thats plenty. Make sure before you put on the plexi glass sand down the bottom side of the it with 600 grit. This is so the light have some thing to reflect off of and when molding the LED's into place make sure the lights are right on the edge of the plexi glass.!! Next is to wire the LED's in parelelle (all pos to one side, all neg to the other) . Now is the cool part. find a peace of material that conducts electricity. it has to be pretty tine and flexibale, this peace is goin to go at the conecting location of the lid, Form the matterial around the conecting shaft of the lid. dont the same with the sockect on the rear panel. Soder pos/neg wires to these sockets. Do the same with the lid. This makes it easy for fast Removing and it looks nice. Sorry no pic for the step.