Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

3000gt vr-4 problems

Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Location: bouncing back between florida and vermont until i permanetly move to florida in a couple months
Unhappy 3000gt vr-4 problems

hey everybody . i have a built 3000gt and i got rid of it awhile ago. and i recently just got it back . but heres the issue its gettin delivered tomorrow at 8 in the morning. i guess my budy who i gave the car to at first took it obv bcs he bought it . but i guess he was boosting with no problems and at about 110 the car shut down and he couldnt get it started well i guess after keepin his foot on the gas it finally started and it sounded like a subaru. so he drove it home and parked it. the motor has been built from bottom up. new timing belt and everything obv. any master mechanics here with boosted car knwoledge please help me out and try and guide me where to look and start i droped 10k in this motor.but i guess he started it the other day and it ran fine ? only knowledge i have is what i researched. 110 fuel cut= fouled out splugs ? .............but they where brand irridiums......................:confused :

Old 12-12-2011, 05:12 PM

do a compression test on the motor

Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM

fuel cut has nothing to do with mph. Sounds like he may have popped an intercooler pipe/hose off. Check for loose hoses or clamps. also check the mass air flow sensor (plug at the intake box).

Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by 2gfurious
hey everybody . i have a built 3000gt and i got rid of it awhile ago. and i recently just got it back . but heres the issue its gettin delivered tomorrow at 8 in the morning. i guess my budy who i gave the car to at first took it obv bcs he bought it . but i guess he was boosting with no problems and at about 110 the car shut down and he couldnt get it started well i guess after keepin his foot on the gas it finally started and it sounded like a subaru. so he drove it home and parked it. the motor has been built from bottom up. new timing belt and everything obv. any master mechanics here with boosted car knwoledge please help me out and try and guide me where to look and start i droped 10k in this motor.but i guess he started it the other day and it ran fine ? only knowledge i have is what i researched. 110 fuel cut= fouled out splugs ? .............but they where brand irridiums......................:confused :
What do you mean sounds like Subaru?
Does it run on its own when started?
If it does run, does it runs smoothly ?
Does it have good oil pressure?
Good compression?
There is no fuel cut at 110.US specs VR4 didn't have one unless JDM ECU is used there is no fuel cut based on speed
Fuel cut will happen on
1)Overrun protection Fuel is cut at 7300 RPM to prevent internal damage to the engine. The fuel activation signals are restored when engine speed falls below the threshold value.
2)Overboosting most common problem-I don't know what kind of mods you have so I can't speculate
3)Deceleration fuel cut . You probably won't even know i it's happening
CHecked for stored trouble codes?

Old 04-01-2012, 01:25 AM

i run a camaro from a roll im in 4th and slam into 3rd instead of 5th gear by accident and i get instant and complete loss of oil pressure and immediate valve ticking anyone help me out on what might have ****ed up the car wont even start for a damn thing sounds wierd too