Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

94 3000gt sl Clutch problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Default 94 3000gt sl Clutch problems...

The otherday When Pulling up to a stop sign I shifted into to first and I stalled of course basically in the middle of the intersection, So I applied my clutch the restart It started fine but my cluth didn't come back up from the floor So I i got out and pushed it to the side of the road, I pulled th elcuth up off the floor with my hand and reneaged it a few times and it seemed find, seemed like I had a sticky cluth for a moment, So I pull back out Onto the road and at my next stop same thing happen it stalled I reapplied the clutch again it stuck to the floor so I pulled it back up off the floor this time when reengaging it decided to just sit on the floor with no spring back what so ever, but yet the engine wouldn't turn over unless it was pressed down, wouldn't allow a turn over if it was back up, So the cluth is engaging somewhat. First thing I did was Check fluid level of Course no fluid. So I phoned a buddy to run me some brake fluid over right away hoping that was the only problem which it was not at all. Only option I had was to Start it in 2nd while engagged. Talk about some abuse no one wants to ever put their car through and the best way to eat up sync rows. So just an overview of the problems with it are, The cluth sits on the floor with no spring back, it must be pushed down to turn over the engine. In the upright posistion it won't allow turn over (( which is normal for a good working clutch :P )) When applied while the engine is on I tried to shift into gear, will not allow Gear engagement. It will start in 2nd but it acts like the clutch is not engaged when I do so.. I'm Possibly thinking It's air backed up into the lines and I need to purge it. Any suggestions on how to possibly fix this myself would be greatly appreciated rather then paying some rip off mechanic that is gonna try and tell me my Flux Capacitor needed to be rebuilt . lol. Thanks for reading..

Old 09-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Default RE: 94 3000gt sl Clutch problems...

You have to bleed the clutch line. Follow the line to the slave cylinder. There is a bleeder valve on it. Loosen the bleeder valve. (It is best if you have some tubing to fit over the end and run it into a clean container.) Pump your clutch until no air comes from the bleeder valve. (It is easiest to do this with two people.) Keep the clutch master cylinder full while pumping the clutch. When no air comes from the bleeder valve, push the clutch pedal all the way down, and have someone close the valve. Should be okay after that.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 PM

Much Appreciated for the help, tomorrow after Work I'm try to rebleed the lines . That's what I thought was basically wrong just wasn't sure on how the cluth lines on a 3000gt are suppose to be bleed or if I had to bust out the chicken and Vodoo dance around my car while standing on my head singing Yanker doodle. Much Thanks buddy.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 AM

the same thing happened to me along time ago, you have to lubricate the clutch with fluid and tighten and adjust some screws around that area and i had to replace some part i think my dad got at Autozone. i will ask what part it is later