Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Should i Get a VR4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned
Default RE: Should i Get a VR4?

David, this is the first post that i dissagree with.

How can you say that a fully built car wont be reliable? Seriously, 4k miles on a race motor and race tranny... there is no way that its going to be unreliable.

You would be right in thinking that if it was running the stock 7 bolt bottom end... but thats not in the equation any more. Nor is the tranny...

David, take the time to actually read the topic. He found a car after only a couple mins of searching.. and i found one after about 5 mins too.

Seriously, if the guy wants a fast car... give it to him. I think its bull**** to put limits on yourself because people dont htink you can do it. If he feels the car is too fast for him.. then turn the fvcking boost down. The AWD DSM has to be one of the easiest cars to drive.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:37 PM

I agree with Sebba on this.....awd built eclipse with a 6-bolt, and a race tranny is got 2 be reliable..

Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 PM

burnout, you obviously didnt understand my last post. youre not gonna find a 400hp gsx for $7-8k. there's just no way. especially with a newly built race engine. it's hard to find a nice gsx even for $9k. trust me i've looked for one. most of the people that mod those gsx's spend thousands of dollars. youre talkin giving the car an extra 200hp almost. and hell yea, a heavy vr4 will kick a gsx *** any day. why waste youre money trying to get an $8-10k dollar car to be as fast as a car for like $2000 extra. my 1993 base model is fast enough for my first car. if you look at the ads with gsx's on ebay for ones that have almost 500hp, it says in big bold writing most of the time "15 THOUSAND DOLLARS HAVE BEEN PUT INTO THIS CAR!" if you want a fast car, just get the damn vr4 and stop letting sebba, who obviously doesnt know s**t, talk you out of it.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:15 PM

Ya i did.

Even if i had to pay 12-14 for a nice DSM with 400 HP, it is still going to beat a VR4, and it is still going to be as or more reliable. Yes, the VR4 does look better, but overall, i think a nicely done DSM would be a better choice if i was looking at it from a performance/reliability standpoint.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

3000GTman shut the **** up. You have NOTHING to back up your statements and logic and pure science says you are WRONG.

If they are that expensive.. lets see what those two DSMs go for then? How is it hard to find one for under 7k? I see them for sale ALL THE TIME.

So your saying.. dont get it .. because it has had lots of money into it? Thats retarded... that just means you are getting even more of a bargain!

I OBVIOUSLY dont know a single thing... thats why everyone agrees with me.. apart from you.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:40 PM

i'm not saying that it's a bad idea to find one with that much hp, but it is for the price he's paying for one you dumb fu*k. wut i mean by someone taking a stock gsx and makin it 400+ horse power is that they have to spend at least $10 to get it there. you could put $3k into a vr4 and beat a gsx with over $10k put into it. you cant just through a turbo into a gsx, you have to basically rebuild the engine if you want to last. if it's not done right then it's gonna break. a kid at my school with an 2002 civic si through a 16g turbo with some extra mods into his car, and blew the engine 3 months later because he didnt put in the extra thousands of dollars to have the engine rebuilt to handle the power. he nows drives a 1993 integra cuz he didnt have the money for a new engine. and by the way, my base 3000gt beat his si with the turbo in it running 13psi. why should this kid waste his money throughing in all this crap into a gsx on his 1st car. like i said before, just get an ok car like the 3000gt sl, mod it alittle like i've done to mine, and save up for a nice car for ur 2nd car. and sebba, u dont need to back up your statements and logic and pure science. he's buying his damn for car and youre tellin him to buy a car and then waste away his money modding it. stop telling him wut youre crappy dream car is like and to get something worth getting. you can get a damn dodge srt-4 for $11k and it would beat a gsx easy. even with front wheel drive. and can be modded just as well. burnout if you get the 2004-2005 srt-4, u can still run a 5.3 0-60. much better then agsx. and you can mod an srt-4 just as well

Old 03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHA seriously.. try actually reading the topic and you will see how stupid you sound.

Dont bother replying...

Old 03-31-2007, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 3000gtman

i'm not saying that it's a bad idea to find one with that much hp, but it is for the price he's paying for one you dumb fu*k. wut i mean by someone taking a stock gsx and makin it 400+ horse power is that they have to spend at least $10 to get it there. you could put $3k into a vr4 and beat a gsx with over $10k put into it. you cant just through a turbo into a gsx, you have to basically rebuild the engine if you want to last. if it's not done right then it's gonna break.
12-14K + 3K = 15-17K = more money than I have to spend

Or i can spend 7-8K on an already modded car that has 400 HP.........hmmm, that's a tuff choice.....

Old 03-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Banned

Genius. : ) lol

Lets conclude. VR4 = Heavy, powerful, hard to work on, sometimes unreliable (just for you stealth lol), look great, drive well... but are almost twice the price.

Built DSM = Powerful, lighter, easy to work on, pretty rock solid, could look a little better, drive well... and is pretty cheap for what you are actually getting.

Is there anything else you wanted to ask?

Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

David, this is the first post that i dissagree with.

How can you say that a fully built car wont be reliable? Seriously, 4k miles on a race motor and race tranny... there is no way that its going to be unreliable.

You would be right in thinking that if it was running the stock 7 bolt bottom end... but thats not in the equation any more. Nor is the tranny...

David, take the time to actually read the topic. He found a car after only a couple mins of searching.. and i found one after about 5 mins too.

Seriously, if the guy wants a fast car... give it to him. I think its bull**** to put limits on yourself because people dont htink you can do it. If he feels the car is too fast for him.. then turn the fvcking boost down. The AWD DSM has to be one of the easiest cars to drive.
i read the whole topic sebba i was only stating you will not find a 400whp reliable dsm for "that" cheap...it will at least be 10k+ for a nice dsm with 400whp...that is all i was saying..and also stating that maybe a slower car would be better to start with...whitch is of course all opinion.

Quick Reply: Should i Get a VR4?