Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

94 LS radio removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Default 94 LS radio removal

how do i remove the radio on my 94 LS?

Old 06-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Default RE: 94 LS radio removal

anyone out there have any info on removing it ive look at it and cant seem to tell....I assume the woodgrain comes off but i dont know how to get that off even...I know my stuff about cars I went to school for automechanics and i hope to land a career in the field

Old 07-04-2005, 11:05 PM
pc

Trim is always a pain. The engineers always find a way to interlock it so you need a puzzle solver to remove it. From my experiance there are either clips that will release if you pry them and/or a couple of screws as well. Don't use a screwdriver as they tend to mark the plastic because they are too narrow. Use a putty knife or something wide and thin. The radio might need a pin that you insert on either side to release clips that hold it in place, or it could just be screwed in. My Ford has two clips on either side. I use a bent piece of coat hanger to insert, bend, and remove.

Old 07-23-2005, 07:18 PM

Hello Billard

(1.) Remove center console. Two screw each side (front & back) and two under the ash tray. unscrew the light bulb under ashtray. remove center console.

(2.) Remove simulated wood trim over radio. two screws at bottom. Detach two electrical connections to cigerette lighter and unscrew cig light bulb. Top is held in with two clips each side. lift from bottom and pull out from top

and here's some photos to help
http://www.diamanteowners.com/compon...60545/catid,3/

TG

Old 10-23-2005, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: LRuff98163

Hello Billard

(1.) Remove center console. Two screw each side (front & back) and two under the ash tray. unscrew the light bulb under ashtray. remove center console.

(2.) Remove simulated wood trim over radio. two screws at bottom. Detach two electrical connections to cigerette lighter and unscrew cig light bulb. Top is held in with two clips each side. lift from bottom and pull out from top

TG
TG, will this radio removal cause any problem to the engine being started? (Antitheft issues)...I can't find the CD/RADIO antitheft code card the vehicle came with. My 94 LS has the original radio/cd unit in it and the CD player is going bonkers, I put one cd in it and it does not want to eject anymore, the radio display (radio still works) is also fading out and I just want to replace the whole unit. Also what unit is a direct replacement for it? I'd like to just plug and play the new unit. I don't want to cut and solder and rewire anything. Thanks much!