Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2007 Endeavor Front Brake Issues and Fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Default 2007 Endeavor Front Brake Issues and Fix

I bought a complete Rotor and Brake Pad kit from Rock Auto (POWER STOP KOE4461 (Daily Driver)) for my 2007 Endeavor. I installed the brake pads and rotors in January of this year. A couple of months ago my wife noticed that the brakes sounded like they were grinding. This happened on an off. I visually inspected the front rotors and they looked fine and running my fingers across, I didn't feel any grooves or gouges. A couple of Sundays ago, I took off the calipers and inspected things further. Still nothing visibly wrong with pads or rotors. While putting the guide pins back, I noticed that the pin with the rubber sleeve on the passenger side was tight going in. I also noticed the sleeve was torn. I went to O'Reilly's to get a guide pin boot kit. While I was there, I asked the guy to show me a new set of caliper guide pins so that I could compare the new with the old. The new one was narrower than the one that had the torn sleeve. I bought the new ones for the right side. I put everything on and the new guide pin goes in easily. During the past week, my wife says the brakes are squeaking really loud after driving it throughout the day. Yesterday, I went to AutoZone and got a set of their Wagner Gold pads that come with the retaining clips and go to O'Reillys to get a guide pin set for the driver's side. I noticed the clips that came with the AutoZone pads are different than the ones that came with the RockAuto pads. I put the AutoZone Pads on with the existing RockAuto Rotors and put the new guide pins on the driver's side. Today, my wife says that brakes are so much more responsive and she doesn't have to put her foot down to the floor to stop. I'm thinking it was either the guide pins or the retaining clips or something else that was causing the squealing/brake issues.. The guide pin with the rubber sleeve is in the top position on both sides. The old sets of guide pins did not match. One side looked different than the other in terms of thickness and shape. The driver side had the non-sleeve pin with 3 flat sides and the passenger side had the non-sleeve pin that was round with no flat side.