Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Endeavor Water problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Default drain plug location

It took a few minutes, but I located the drain...

With my 06 Endeaor jacked up in the front, and me lying on the ground with my feet toward the rear of the truck, I found the hole. It's a little larger than my pinky finger and is just below the 4 brake lines clipped to the sheet metal of the firewall. Dont try to look for hit, you'll never see it and think anyone telling you it's there is certifiably crazy. Instead, run your hand along the brake lines, near the clip on the firewall, and you'll hit it.
If you're going to try to unclog the drain, the tricky part is snaking a wire into the actual drain hose because the hole I found is just an access hole to GET TO the drain hose. The hose itself is a good 3+ inches behind the hole. You'll understand when you find the hole.
It took about 10 minutes of poking until I actually hit the inside of the drain hose with the wire. But, as soon as I started working it in, the water started running out... at first a trickle, then a steady stream. I figured about a gallon of water ran out when all was done.
Afterward, the swooshing sound inside the dash was gone.
But, as someone else mentioned, the blower motor seems to be giving up the ghost. Im still scanning all of these threads to see if someone else has encountered this so I can be sure of what to do next. Im leaning towards replacing the blower motor, but want to avoid dropping $$ on a part I dont really need to swap out.
If anyone can help me, I posted my problem earlier today in the Endeavor forum.
UPDATE - I came across TSB-08-55-007, which references my precise symptoms. So, now I wonder if I am supposed to take it to the dealer for the fix. Is a TSB identical to a "recall"? Seems it's similar, except the manufacturer conveniently keeps the information to themselves on a TSB, choosing not to share the info unless there's a call/complaint about a specific problem.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by oscarpup
I had the same issue with water geting plugged up. However after much looking I was able to find the drain hole from my driveway and what a great sound of the water spewing all over the the place-outside the vehicle.

Now my blower motor seems to be going (as others in this forum said it would.) The part isn't too expensive so I'd like to fix myself. Any help appreciated-thanks!
pls where is this hole every one seems to have seen. my drain is plugged and the back flow burnt out the blower motor.
how did you find this hole. i finally threw in the towel after searching for this hole for 3hours under the car. can you post a picture pls