Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

power mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Banned
Default RE: power mods

Learn your place noob. You dont get to play big boy of the playground just yet

Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 AM

what ever sobbya i started the thread if you dont have anything positive or relevant to add than find another thread to jack with

Old 04-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Banned

Shut the **** up.

I explained and backed up EVERYTHING i said in his previous bull**** K&N filter bashing spree. Now, he has moved onto this thread. I refuse to explain everything all over again. You where not around when it was going on so stay out of it.

Second thought... why the hell not

K&N filters: Theycan be usedfor life.When they get dirty.. just wash them in the sink. No other filter offers this. They never have to be replaced unless they are damaged and thats not likely to be due to quality.. more like missuse. They test the filter for each car they sell one with. They work simply by removing some of the restriction. Allowing for air to flow more freely.

What is being argued here is he basically said it sucked and caused him to lose both MPG and power. He has gone around telling people to stay away from them. That is what i have a problem with. Do you really think dealerships would sell these filters as an option for their cars if they where peices of ****? NO!

There is no possible way that he can claim to have lost power and MPG. There are SOO many other factors that could have caused it and he just has no way to prove it. Instead he just says... he felt it.. and he knows how his car felt. You cantwrite something that you say isfactual based on that...Lets look at the other variables. Temperature has an effect on both. Without knowing the intake temps with and without the filter that is not a fair test. The gas you use is probably the biggest factor. These could easily have caused both a decreace in MPG and power... That could easily have been caused by either of those variables. You simply cant say for a fact that it was the filter.. its just bull****!

If he wanted to write a consumer review.. thats fine.. WRITE ONE! But this is a website based on fact backed up by logic and physics and what has already been proven to be true. None of those he has. So, his claims are INVALID.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I happen to agree with theverdict on alot of this. If he wants to do a consumer review on it that is his perogative. And here is not just a place to post fact, or however you put it. We also like to hear what people "think" about stuff. I dont mind a thread said he doesnt like it, because there are, im sure, other that do like the product. If no one said what they thought of a product, then people would never know if half the stuff is any good.

Im not saying that i agree with his claim, because i dont. But its his opinion. I dont agree however with how he goes around everywhere posting to not buy them for other vehicles simply because of his bad experience.

But the crap that is going on in this thread is complete and utter non-sense bickering. And if it continues i will close it. Argue against his points with facts and data, not crap like "your an idiot". Cuz that does nothing for the site.

I understand your point the verdict about my post being of a different vehicle and that all cars are different. I would try and find something for your specific car, unfortunately i have not been unsuccessful.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:18 AM

Seb, theres much more entertaining people to exploit the stupidity of... this one isnt worth it... theres funnier battles to be had. Just avoid the thread.
If he dont like K&N, fine. Let him get a different filter. Noones saying either of you are wrong or right but eachother... Who cares if he thinks he can get better gas mileage by sticking a ****ing GERBIL in his intake... Let him do what hes gonna do.. Its not costing you anything, and later if/when the guy comes back saying his gas mileage sucks and his power is still not all there, THEN thats when you get to be the official "I told you so" guy... Which, IMO is always funnier...

Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

I totally agree with both of you.

I said i have no problem with him posting a consumer review. If he wants to do that.. then fine. But DONT go round bashing it telling people to stay away from K&N based on opinion alone. That is not cool.