Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

2001 Mitsubishi Galant (flashers or power windows not working):(..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Default 2001 Mitsubishi Galant (flashers or power windows not working):(..

first of all, I'm new here so I want to introduce myself my name is mark
nice to meet you all .

I recently purchased a 2001 Mitsubishi Gallant for my wife....
so far, it has been a great car the only problem I am having is the flashers signals are not working .I have had my mechanic change the hazard light switch and the module under the dashboard so far no luck the signals are still not working and I was wondering if any of you can shed some light on this situation . my mechanic has also checked all the wiring and had to the ones that were not connected put in the right place..

My mechanic is going through the process of elimination, and I do not want to head though this route because It can be very pricey. please anyone with knowledge on this model help me.
thanks for your time everyone.

Mark.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by 98supra
first of all, I'm new here so I want to introduce myself my name is mark
nice to meet you all .

I recently purchased a 2001 Mitsubishi Gallant for my wife....
so far, it has been a great car the only problem I am having is the flashers signals are not working .I have had my mechanic change the hazard light switch and the module under the dashboard so far no luck the signals are still not working and I was wondering if any of you can shed some light on this situation . my mechanic has also checked all the wiring and had to the ones that were not connected put in the right place..

My mechanic is going through the process of elimination, and I do not want to head though this route because It can be very pricey. please anyone with knowledge on this model help me.
thanks for your time everyone.

Mark.
Do you hear your Combination Flasher clicking?
If not then replace it.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Default combination flasher

Thank you for your reply. Combination flasher? Where do I find this? Any pics?I had so many different things changed in the vehicle and nothing seems to work. I had changed a little box under the dashboard. today I change the flasher inside the steering wheel console.... nothing is working....

Originally Posted by Galanthighspeeder
Do you hear your Combination Flasher clicking?
If not then replace it.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by 98supra
Thank you for your reply. Combination flasher? Where do I find this? Any pics?I had so many different things changed in the vehicle and nothing seems to work. I had changed a little box under the dashboard. today I change the flasher inside the steering wheel console.... nothing is working....

You welocme..
I was looking over my Service Manual,
there is no Combination Flasher, the turn
signals are controled by the EATCS ECU
its a green box