Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

-90 galant acceleration probs

Old 04-29-2007, 09:19 AM
NRD
Default -90 galant acceleration probs

Hi,
A few months back I got a 1990 galant to get to and from work, nothing special. BUT, i have fallen in love with it....i dont know why but I think it rocks. I have two questions I was hoping somebody could help me with.

1. There seems to be a problem with high revs. If i drop down a gear and accelerate hard the revs drop shorty then increase again and then can sometimes drop again and so on. It sounds like there is a blockage somewhere. Unfortunately im only just starting to get interested in car engines so dont know the ins and outs of the car. Any idea what it may be?

2. Also i saw you can buy a Mitsubishi galant ECU Power boost by tricking the ECU into thinking the airflow/mix isn't correct. Are these at all real? Im realistic and understand its not gona turn the car into a rocket, but i saw one for sale for about £30 and figured it would be pretty cool to have...if it works. the website i read it off is http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-...i-galant.shtml scroll down to see the adjustable set up.

cheers in advance