Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

ADVICE NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Default ADVICE NEEDED

1995 Galant S.
Alright, so this happend a few months ago. I was driving, I made a turn and my whole wheel came off. I was lucky it didn't happen while I was on the highway. I had it towed to a shop and they told me that my tie rod broke, I needed a new ball joint and CV assembly and new control arms. They reccomended that I get the other side done because it is worn really bad and the same thing might happen. This whole thing cost me $1,746.53. I bought the car for $2,000. I knew there was a recall so I went to a dealer. I brought the parts in and they said they would see what they could do. After getting the run around for over a month they told me that they are not going to do anything because it was fixed at 85,000 miles and the car had 125,000 on it now. Here is the thing. If they replaced the part before, why would it only last 35,000 miles? Most cars I know last longer. Plus, the exact thing happened that was described in the recall. Did they even replace it or did they put another defective part in? I don't know what to do because this was a huge loss and I am kinda pissed and I don't think I will ever buy a mitsubishi ever again.
Someone please give me some advice and let me know if I am in the wrong in trying to get some of my money for the recalled parts back or let me know what else I can do or if there is someone I can talk to. I already talked to the District Manager and he said no.
Thanks.