Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

interior lights dont work

Old 07-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Default interior lights dont work

well my brother has a 01 galant 4cyl and he tried to instal a radio but he hooked up the wrong wires he told me it started sparking then he turned it off. i riplaced the fuse that was burned out. no he does not have any gague cluster lights manual hvac/ac control panel lights or the radio lights everithing else is working. i checked all the fuses they are all good. anybody ran into that prob before plz let me know im having hell of a time with this car.
thx

Old 07-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Default RE: interior lights dont work

Did you check the fuses inside the engine bay?

Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 AM

yes i did and they are all fine. but i think i found the problem the light dimer switch has a resistor in it that sends out all the power to the lights i think he broke that too but i wont know until tomorrow i have to do some more diagnosis on it let me know if that has anything to do with it. oh also the right tail lights are out bolbs are fine.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:06 AM

Wow it sounds like more then a fuse problem now. Everything to the tails lights is effected. Anything I give you would be speculation. Without the car infront of my I wouldn't even no where to begin. Good luck and let us know what you find out. I am sure someone else might find this useful.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:48 AM

well i think i got this thing figured out it was the light dimmer switch that freaking thing. the rheostat went bad in it and it didnt give a good ground so the lights did not come on. so if anybody has a light dimmer switch for cheap let me know the dealer wants $50 i think that is tomuch so if u got one let me know. oh also how do i post pictures up here maybe i can put some pics on here.

thx for all your help.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:23 AM

Here is how you do the image tags and your going to have to host it somewhere. I think here they have free hosting or you can go to my site... www.dnaracing.net/gallery
Code:
[img]place the url here of picture[/img]
Try my friends at MS Recycling...

http://www.dnaracing.net/modules.php...iewlink&cid=11