Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Lancer 2006 ES shift locked to park

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Default Lancer 2006 ES shift locked to park

Hi,
My Lancer 2006 ES shifter locked to park, and I cant find the shift lock override. there isn't any switch or push button or keyhole nothing like that near the shifter.

Kindly guide me to find the lock override in this model

Old 08-24-2018, 11:59 AM

I have read that there is no over ride system on your Lancer . Some times there is a cable on the brake pedal that allows you to shift out of park. There may be a solenoid on the shifter itself that's defective. If it is a floor shifter try looking at the side of the shifter to see. Some one told me they had to use a flat screw driver to push a lever that allowed him to shift.. Hope this helps

Old 08-24-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Widgmaster
I have read that there is no over ride system on your Lancer . Some times there is a cable on the brake pedal that allows you to shift out of park. There may be a solenoid on the shifter itself that's defective. If it is a floor shifter try looking at the side of the shifter to see. Some one told me they had to use a flat screw driver to push a lever that allowed him to shift.. Hope this helps
thanks for the response Widgmaster.
well I somehow managed to get it out of park. But now it won’t go to park because of that key is now locked in ignition. I park it on N(Neutral) and use handbrake.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:47 AM

I had my key stuck in the ignition.... In my case I took off the cover around the key … there was a small do dad held in place by a screw that when the key is turned it locks in place. There was a cable that attached to this and ran down to my shifter. I removed it from both ends remembering where every thing went.. The cable was very stiff so I sprayed WD in it and kept pulling it back and forth. A lot of dirt came out of it but I finally got it freed up and put every thing back in place. Have not had any trouble since.. Your Lancer may be a bit different but its worth checking this out..

Old 11-10-2020, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by MoAli

thanks for the response Widgmaster.
well I somehow managed to get it out of park. But now it won’t go to park because of that key is now locked in ignition. I park it on N(Neutral) and use handbrake.
How did you get it out of park?

Old 11-10-2020, 10:38 PM

There where two cables attached at my shifter ...#1 attached to the key lock out #2 attached to the brake pedal ... Unless the brake is depressed it will not come out of park..In my case a good cleaning of the cables is all it needed and all is working just fine .. and that was two years ago ...