Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2003 Limited Montero-ever experienced this sensation? Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Default 2003 Limited Montero-ever experienced this sensation? Help

Wanted to ask if anyone experienced this to any of their monteros. I'm itemizing the instances below and would like to ask if anyone have an idea before I commit to a large sum cost of repair.

1. Car wouldn't start as if there aren't any electrical outputs (starter not even turning yet all electrical systems in dash is displaying properly turned on.) Put it to neutral and vehicle starts.
***its as if the car is on safety mode and didn't sense that the tranny is on park mode****

2. Gear shift stick is quite stiff, however I've driven the car several miles and it seems to be shifting properly with no problems what so ever.

Does anyone had this sensation before? Any opinions matter and thanks in advance

Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 AM

no - never,,,,

Old 04-09-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by mitsfreak12
Wanted to ask if anyone experienced this to any of their monteros. I'm itemizing the instances below and would like to ask if anyone have an idea before I commit to a large sum cost of repair.

1. Car wouldn't start as if there aren't any electrical outputs (starter not even turning yet all electrical systems in dash is displaying properly turned on.) Put it to neutral and vehicle starts.
***its as if the car is on safety mode and didn't sense that the tranny is on park mode****

2. Gear shift stick is quite stiff, however I've driven the car several miles and it seems to be shifting properly with no problems what so ever.

Does anyone had this sensation before? Any opinions matter and thanks in advance
Sounds like you're having issues with the inhibitor switch/PN position switch. It doesn't recognize that the car is in PARK- therefore not allowing it to crank. Have it inspected at your local dealership.

JJ

Old 04-14-2009, 11:17 AM

*sigh* this is what I get for living out in the country and up really north. All it was that it had an ice and mud buildup in the tranny section. It just needed to be lubed. Now that its warmer, the stiffiness is gone.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:54 AM

lucky you the dealer cud of ripped u off