Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.
View Poll Results: Bring the Montero aka Pajero to the USA MARKET?
YES!
100.00%
NO!
0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Bring back the Montero to the USA ;)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Cool :(

I really wish we could work something out to everyones satisfaction, not only would it be great financially speaking for large families looking for Manly Transportation but also, help Mitsubishi Stay alive here in the states. The offroading would be very cool! Merry Christmas to all!. Happy Holidays!.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM

It seems to me there is a big gaping hole in the Mitsu lineup, for a full size luxury SUV, especially one with a V6 and a Diesel option!!! Seriously, how hard and expensive could it be for Mitsu to federalize these powertrains and the truck for US sale???

Advertise the hell out of the Paris Dakar victories and also emphasize the luxury they provide, this SUV should be a no brainer for anyone cross shopping a Lexus, Nissan, Land Rover or Volkswagen!!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by RERM
It seems to me there is a big gaping hole in the Mitsu lineup, for a full size luxury SUV, especially one with a V6 and a Diesel option!!! Seriously, how hard and expensive could it be for Mitsu to federalize these powertrains and the truck for US sale???

Advertise the hell out of the Paris Dakar victories and also emphasize the luxury they provide, this SUV should be a no brainer for anyone cross shopping a Lexus, Nissan, Land Rover or Volkswagen!!!!
If it cant be built in Japan just build the factories in the countries you want, get it done Mitsu make us believe in the triple diamond again, bring back the good stuff. Give it one last shot! Make the people believe one more time, pick up the hammer one more time and show the world greatness/hardwork/perfection. Last of all bring back the Shogun.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:07 AM

Greetings and salutations.

Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of time today to post my thoughts on this topic, as I have a lot to type, but I thought some of you would enjoy this video clip. Hope to post a more proper response before the end of the weekend.

Have a good weekend, Happy New Year, and happy motoring.

Mitsubishi Shogun Review.flv - YouTube

Old 03-25-2012, 02:12 AM

I just saw a review of the 2011 Montero and for the life of me, why Mitsubishi doesn't sell this thing in the USA is a crime against it's shareholders!!!

For goodness sakes the Diesel 4 cyl gets 25 MPG's with 250 HP and over 300 ft/lbs of torque!!!

Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 AM

The petrol is 184 kw (246 hp / 250 ps) with 329 Nm and the diesel is 147 kw (197hp) with 441 Nm torque. We had 3 and 5 door models but the 3 door now been dropped along with most of the petrol models. The 3 door petrol was nice.

Attached Thumbnails Bring back the Montero to the USA ;)-img_7992_2.jpg  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 PM

I've heard from a few dealers that Mitsubishi does not look at the USA as a first run market. They are concentrating on Asia and Europe. I saw the new Shogun from a website in the UK (dealership) and it looks remarkably like my '02 Monty, just really nicely updated. If they brought this vehicle to the states, I would absolutely buy one. They showed it w/ turbo diesel. They said 260hp and 400 lb ft torque.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Uncanny reason for not bringing that vehicule to US. Maybe some US companies like GM don't like the idea to bring the Montero Sport back to US. We are just speculating here. Maybe it is like 7-up says, Mitsubishi doesn't want to to sell the Monty in US.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 AM

2015 looks like the year I already started a savings account for this monster Mitsubishi to offer new Galant, Montero in US? - Autoblog

Old 05-13-2013, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
I really hope Mitsubishi does not forget about us
True that.

Quick Reply: Bring back the Montero to the USA ;)