Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Door ajar indicator question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Default Door ajar indicator question

The door ajar indicator light will not go off and traced it to the rear door. Where is the switch located in the rear door? What is the color code for the wires to the switch as I want to completely deactivate the rear door switch anyway. And 1 other minor problem... The light for the compass/ temp gauge in the on dash cluster is out but the gauge works fine . What is the fix for this as it is a LCD? Had it apart and can not see any apparent fix.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Default Rear door hatch open indicator and factory alarm

For2 weeks, my 2000 MS door ajar light has been intermittent on, and now mostly on. I have disconnected individually each door switch and the hood switch. It is on with the interior light, but independent of the light in the door panel. It will sometimes blink or go off when closing the door, but not consistantly.
I have traced it now to the rear door (hatch) open switch. This switch is inside the latch mechanism itself. I removed the 3 screws holding the latch into the door, and squirted it full of electrical contact cleaner (Radio Shack) and then a heavy spray lubricant (garage door opener lubricant. Not WD-40 which evaporates in a short time). This has fixed the light-on issue.

I had to fix it because today the factory alarm suddenly would randomly go off. I believe the light "on" indicated a breakin setting off the alarm. I will repost if this did not solve the alarm issue as well.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Default fix for rear hatch joor open light

Alas, the myriad of electrical gremlins I've had with my MS made me OVERCOMPLICATE this. All I needed to remedy the door ajar light was to adjust the bumpers on the corners of the hatch so that there was less wiggle or shake in the hatch, forcing it to close tighter. Always check the obvious mechanical items first, before exploring the less likely electrical!!

Old 03-27-2019, 04:38 PM

my door ajar light : The encased wire loom going into the door from the dash area is the issue. I can push and prod the wire and the light will gon on and off. I havent attempted to fix it yet. Anyone had this problem in the door jam?