Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

EGR tube fix solutions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Default EGR tube fix solutions?

I've got a leaking EGR tube right at the accordian part. It's been spot welded before and is still leaking from many points around this area. Any suggestions to fix this. Can I buy a used one somewhere or cut out the middle and weld a new tube on.

Also had a check engine light go on intermittently after warm up, a solid light mostly at idle or on deccelaeration. didn't pass smog as I had high NO emissions. About 1900 ppm of NO, a gross pollutor. I pulled the EGR and found the orifice around the temp sensor was completely built up with carbon. I also tested the temp sensor. It was working properly. I cleaned the valve and made sure it was working properly. I did a test run and the light didn't go on as usual but did go on for a few times. But very minimal though. Much better than before. I'd say 90% less. The EGR tube leaks in the described places and the EGR tube gasket at the intake manifold leaks because some A-hole stripped the thread. Will these minor leaks affect NO smog. You think I should try to pass smog again?

1989 Montero sport ls v6 3.0