Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Flashing C/D Lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Default Flashing C/D Lock

I have a problem with my just purchased second hand 3.2L Pajero V78 (1999 model). The center orange C/D Lock keep blinking with the green light remain off when the lever is at the 2WD mode. It is a intermittent kind of problem and itsometime happen when I warm up my car in the early morning.It can only be reset when I switch off the engine and re-start again. It happensonce when I was driving in the 4H mode when suddenly all the greenlight showing the engagement of the 4 wheel drive went off and remained only the C/D Lock blinking in orange colour. I would like to ask all the senior Pajero owner here, is the problem serious ? what is the possible causes of blinking C/D Lock ? Can I continue driving with the flashing C/D Lock ?

Thanks In advance for all the valuable advise

Old 03-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Default RE: Flashing C/D Lock

Have your transmission checked. It could be anywhere from Changing the Fluid + Filter or something serious. The C/D orange light, lights up when you have a problem with your transmission. Inspite of resetting it and the light still blinks, it means there is a problem.
Thats the best I can inform you.

If you do decide toget your tranny oil changed and replacethe filter, only put mitsubishi transmission fluid. Mitsubishi tranny's are very picky when it come to tranny fluid and can result in expensive repair to replacing it.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Default RE: Flashing C/D Lock

diamond atf, or same atf hyundai uses but to be safe, ask mitsu dealer first before pouring in. yes mitsu trannys are picky.

heating is most likely the culprit, specially if tire diameter is not the same anymore, tread wear, also if air pressure is way off specs.