Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

New owner of a Gen 3 Montero limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by HunterD
I've not heard of anyone installing the second battery on a Montero. Once you mentioned that, my first thought was - Ausles probably have something like that... Yep - first google search came up with this:
https://www.aussiedriftertouring.com...ajero-full-kit
Looks like they are going on opposite side of the engine though. That is likely because of right hand drive engine compartment configuration. It's not exactly what you need, but it's a place to start. Perhaps you can find the tray that fits your Monty from the same company. I've seen some Jeeps with second battery in the trunk compartment. Have you considered that? There is space behind one of the side panels where second climate control unit goes. Are you installing a winch and that's why need for second battery?
I'm getting P0171 and P0174 codes still. Looking at a freeze frame, my STFT one bank 1 is 12.5% LTFT bank 1 is 12.5% STFT bank 2 is 11.6% LTFT bank 2 is 12.5%. Although while idling or trying to, both STFTs on banks 1 and 2 drop back to 0-4.5%. At idle and stop lights it stalls. I've replaced vacuum lines even though I haven't found a leak. I can't find a vacuum leak around the intake manifold either. I'm thinking fuel delivery. Either the fuel pump or the fuel filter. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Am I moving in the right direction?

Old 09-03-2022, 12:13 PM

Brand new owner of a 2006 Montero. It needs some TLC inside and out, but I’m excited about the build. I’m working on getting all the lights off first. Did you ever solve your P0171 and P0174 codes? I’m also leaning towards fuel pump/filter, as I have checked everything else and am still getting the codes.