Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

$550 30k Mile Service Rip-off at Gillman Mitsubishi !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 05:06 PM

There is no such thing as “TooManybrews". (Unless you are driving!!!)
And yes, he was exaggerating about EVERY car in the US needing the “severe maintenance” schedule. Only about 97.2% of cars in the US need the “severe”, the other 2.8 are still sitting in the car lots.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Lol. Well he is just putting his oppinion out there, which is fair. So relax and take it with a grain of salt. If he wants to stick up for the dealer, so be it. I, on the other hand agree with you fully. The POINT is if the service guy thinks your V6 outtie has a CVT and then cops out on the "severe maintenance" schedule then nobody really knows what he did, didnt do, or charged you for. If my dealer charged me that I would want to know exactly what they did, with paper work backing it up. That way if something happened down the road (and it ended up that they didnt perform everything they said) then I could bring out that paper work. The thing is, is that if someone is in that position of management and cant tell you the 1st time exactly whats going on, then argues with you, and then changes his word, he obviously isnt doing a good job at ALL.

Yes, they should of gave you a estimate for the "30k service", and yes you should talk to the manager in person. If no resolution can be had, then tell them you'll never be back. Ya it doesnt help your case, but lets assume that if this happened to you then its happening to other people, and soon enough it will hurt their business/image. The owner or manager of the dealership, not service, should not put up with this and thats who you should speak with.

Ya, the guy might be a "mouthpiece", but then customer service would then be his job description...

PS: I agree though that your outtie would probably fall under the "severe maintenance" schedule, your in TX, which would fall into that category just like me in CO. Hot, cold, dry, humid, dusty, wet, whatever... if you have some of these then I'd go with it, its just a good idea. But if you dont want to, thats fine, up to you. But I do dissagree that "ALL" vehicles fall into this, there are places in the US that dont need this schedule.

Hopefully you will over look manybrews oppinions, and "dominant figure" lol. For a forum is only as good as all its contributors.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Buckmaster
Manybrews, from looking through some of your postings, you are a dominant figure on this forum. I looked at your profile, it lists you as a "Mitsubishi tech". Your statement that all vehicles in the US should fall under the "severe" maintenance schedule is illogical and contradicts what is in the owner's manual. I guess you must do your own work on your vehicles, and if so I applaud you for this, but the "average joe" like myself depends on the dealer to give us the proper service at a fair price. $550 for the 30k mile regular service on a Front-wheel-drive Outlander XLS is simply too much, I doubt anyone on this forum paid this much.
It appears I will not be able to make this point with you, and regrettably this is the last time I will sign on to this forum. I expected rational thought, but I'm not seeing it from you. Perhaps you should change your name to "TooManybrews".
Adios.
apparently you have no idea what it costs to own a car these days.

yes, any car in texas is under "severe" conditions. ANY OF THEM.
550 is NOT a lot. yeah, you had misinformation given to you, which sucks.

but if all this maintenance is that easy, you can always do it yourself.

Last edited by Manybrews; 09-12-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

Unfortunately Manybrews is 100% right. He's been a Mitsubishi Tech for 16 (is that right?) years now. I wouldn't question anything this man says.

Although I personally experienced some shady **** at that dealership. They had an EVO IX on the lot that I was looking at. When the guy saw me show up in the Lotus Elise he instantly said "Hey, we have a video of this car beating a Lamborghini around a track inside." I quickly explained that I knew exactly which video he was talking about, and the car in question was in fact an EVO FQ400, which is very different, and not even available in this country. He was astonished that I actually knew what I was talking about. I shut his *** up quick.

He was cool enough to let me do donuts/burnouts in the parking lot though.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 AM

The 30000km service in Norway
costs 1000$, so be happy you only have
to pay 550$.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:14 AM

I live in a region with 38 ºC average all year, hi relative humidity and TOO MUCH dust; my dealer suggested to me schelude service (12000 km/1 year), but according to which I saw in the last service about conditions oil and filters, myselft went to the schelude severe service (6000 km/6 months), and maybe, I will change coolant every year (the owner's manual says every 96000 km); so, I agree with Manybrews about this topic.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:57 AM

The best thing to do is to do nothing except oil and safety things. Or things that have to be done.

I have a Honda Civic that I have only done oil changes on since 77k miles. It has 211k on it now and still is humming away.

I probably have saved $5000. Over the life of a car you end up paying more then what you paid in it for maintanance.
________
herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Banned

Get that civic some timing components before you destroy your motor.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by ruchuck
The best thing to do is to do nothing except oil and safety things. Or things that have to be done.

I have a Honda Civic that I have only done oil changes on since 77k miles. It has 211k on it now and still is humming away.

I probably have saved $5000. Over the life of a car you end up paying more then what you paid in it for maintanance.
pretty much the worst advice in the history of car ownership.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 AM

So if "every single car in America" falls under the severe service schedule, why do they have a "regular" service schedule?

Quick Reply: $550 30k Mile Service Rip-off at Gillman Mitsubishi !!