Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

$550 30k Mile Service Rip-off at Gillman Mitsubishi !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Default Manybrews

Manybrews, Do you work for Mitsubishi, your an As$h^le

Old 10-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Banned

The man has worked there since you were ****ting in diapers, that kind of makes him an authority on the subject.

A question was asked, and it was answered just fine.

Wtf is wrong with people these days.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Default An Update...

When I first posted this thread, I was obviously irritated. There has been a lot of good feedback here. Manybrews, I still think you are taking a hard-line view of the service requirement, but I respect your opinion. My problem is that I've owned more new cars than I can remember over the past 35 years, and maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had such a negative experience with getting one serviced. The day after the servicing, I wrote a letter to the General Manager at Gillman Misubishi of San Antonio, and I also wrote to their corporate office in Houston. I was asking for a better explanation than I got from their befuddled Service Manager. It's been a month, nobody has bothered to respond. Looks like I'll never set foot in a Gillman dealership again.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:44 AM

WE got hammered nearly $600 for our 30K service. This 'severe mx service' seems to be a convenient excuse for higher fees and more frequent servicing when you probably don't need it.

I have had my LS AWD for nearly two years and although I am fairly happy with the car, the dealers are complete idiots. Salespeople don't know what they are selling, mx people dont know what they are talking about, as witnessed in the posts above, and in my own experience and Mitsu USA doesn't seems to have the testicular fortitude to whip their dealerships into shape.

Next car wont be a Mitsu. For sure.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:20 AM

I take my 08 outlander 4wd XLS to the dealer for all oil changes. I usually refuse their suggestion for the 7.5K and 15K service because all of those things on the service listing are inspections, such as fluid levels and leaks. Those are all visual inspections which don't add any value if the owner occasionally opens the hood him/herself. So I simply have the dealer to do oil and filter change every 3k miles. But when I was at about 20k miles, I wanted to tire rotation too and somehow got persuaded to do the 15k miles. A regular oil/filter change runs about $40-50. Which is a reasonable deal. The standalone tire rotation is about $90. So I could have paid only $140 for what I really wanted. For some reason that day, I agreed to the 15k service which costed me over $330 for the oil/filter change, rotation and visual inspections of fluids and some aftermarket additives for the injection. To be honest, I felt ripped off every time I got charged for inspection works because nothing really get done. If the inspections turn up anything in an unlikely event, they will charge more to fix unless it is covered under warranty. Obviously too, the additive stuffs are rip off too.

I know how you feel about being ripped off. But at the same time, unless you had refused the 30k service, paying $550 seems to be the market rate since a 15K service costs more than half of that already. I don't really have a point in my post here, I just kinda wanted to put it in perspective how much the services costs at the dealer, whether we think they are worth it or not.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by tdford
Ahhh, whoops. NO they dont, just the 4 cyl have CVT. ALL 07-09 V6 have 6 speed auto.

The average price for dealership tranny flushes is $150-170. Otherwise they are probably over charging you.

With the purchase of my outtie I got a "coupon book". One of them was a free coolant inspection. I just moved and before my 800 mi trip I did this at 35k miles. They did it and said everything looks good with the coolant. And Colorado is a "severe maintanence schedule". So if your dealer is saying coolant is needing done at 30k or before, wow. Go some where else.
Do they drop the transmission pan and replace the filter? Or do they just hook up the ATF lines to the flushing machine and flush it?

Old 06-06-2012, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Manybrews
trust me, EVERY SINGLE CAR in america falls under the "severe maintenence schedule.

EVERY one.
Is it me or am I the only one that viewed this as a sarcastic remark?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM

Way to bring this thread from the dead.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:33 PM

I'm scheduled for the 30k service next week... in Canada, the dealer asks for 750$ for that service... sure they do flush and replace transmission and coolant fluids, inspect a bunch of things and so on... my feeling is that we are being charged way too much for service on this car compared to other brands. Let's face it, someone must pay for the 10year warranty and it's definitly not Mitsu who's paying! So 750$ every 24 months plus the other oil change and maintenance, this car costs about 50$/month for maintenance. The salesman definetly never mentionned that initially and simply replied to my question that "there is nothing to do on that car besides engine oil change"... It's funny cause I bought a new car under the argument that I would have no money to spend on repairs... strangely enough, I'm going to spend more in maintenance now than I ever spent in repairs on my old Mazda through its entire 9 year of use. I guess these high maintenance fees are the new "hidden fees" that you have no idea about when you first buy and they force you to or they void your warranty.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by smartel
I'm scheduled for the 30k service next week... in Canada, the dealer asks for 750$ for that service... sure they do flush and replace transmission and coolant fluids, inspect a bunch of things and so on... my feeling is that we are being charged way too much for service on this car compared to other brands. Let's face it, someone must pay for the 10year warranty and it's definitly not Mitsu who's paying! So 750$ every 24 months plus the other oil change and maintenance, this car costs about 50$/month for maintenance. The salesman definetly never mentionned that initially and simply replied to my question that "there is nothing to do on that car besides engine oil change"... It's funny cause I bought a new car under the argument that I would have no money to spend on repairs... strangely enough, I'm going to spend more in maintenance now than I ever spent in repairs on my old Mazda through its entire 9 year of use. I guess these high maintenance fees are the new "hidden fees" that you have no idea about when you first buy and they force you to or they void your warranty.
wow. I completely agree with these "hidden fees" but so far *knock on wood* my tune ups have not been so bad.. I have 20k on my car and did a 15k tune up, and now at 2300 im going to do the 18k tune up. The dealer out in Long Island, NY where I originally bought the car helped me out a little bit. I paid roughly $200 and now im going to pay another $60 for the rest to be done once i reach 23k.

This outlander has been my first car, and a great one at that. You also live and learn. I now know how to buy my next car, I did my research prior to purchasing an outlander but theres things that to me seem important now, like tune up costs and flexiblity for modifications.. or more than 2 fourms for the vehicle lol.

I feel its where you go and who your dealing with that makes the difference getting a car. Hopefully down the line my tune ups wont be so bad

Quick Reply: $550 30k Mile Service Rip-off at Gillman Mitsubishi !!