Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 DRL - Daytime Running Lights Disabled!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Default RE: 2007 DRL - Daytime Running Lights Disabled!

.......so if all of you DRL lovers did not have a vehicle which had DRLs' ,you would turn on your headlights during the day so you could be "joe safe driver" ? ? ?

this is a great "how to" thread for peolple who do not want DRLs'.

lets leave it as that.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:21 AM

Well im a hunter myself and I dont want to go out at 4AM and dodge vehicles driving around with thier lights off. Same goes I dont want to drive down a road with my lights off not able to see other hunters and accidently hit one thats standing on the edge of the road because I had my lights off. If your driving through the woods with your lights off you run the risk of hitting deer that you cant see. People hit deer in the day light, now imagine how much harder it is to see a deer running out in front of you with no lights at all. Is disabling your DRL lights worth thousands of dollars of damage to your outlander? I dont know where lefty hunts but if its somewhere he has other people hunting then he should have some sort of lights on to see them because we all know theres some dumb people out there. On a side note if your hunting small game where there are alot of people and they have dogs, I would like to have my lighst on so I dont runthe dogs over. Dogsdont understand running in front of a car is a bad idea.These are my points.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM

I wanted to disable the DRLs because i caught myself driving at dusk/night a few times with my headlights off... because i "thought they were on" when i saw my DRLs. Its my simple mistake... but for a while i would be driving with no running lights on.

ALSO... I purchased Silverstar Ultra Headlight Bulbsand they have a limited lifetime, i didnt want them burning ALLLLLL day for no reason and wearing out sooner.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:03 AM

ORIGINAL: 2g0s0r1

I wanted to disable the DRLs because i caught myself driving at dusk/night a few times with my headlights off... because i "thought they were on" when i saw my DRLs. Its my simple mistake... but for a while i would be driving with no running lights on.

ALSO... I purchased Silverstar Ultra Headlight Bulbsand they have a limited lifetime, i didnt want them burning ALLLLLL day for no reason and wearing out sooner.
+1 on that! Also, sometimes I sit in a parking lot at night with the engine & A/C running, and don't particularly want to be sitting there with the lights on. THere are dozens of reasons you might want to be able to shut off the DRLs - thanks for the post.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 PM

More reasons than I thought for turning them off - fair enough. Especially the hunting ones - not being a hunter, I didn't even think of that.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: chenarm

So it's all about guns, including the one under the bed of the neighbour accross the street! .

I'm a shooter. I work for a company that builds night sights full time, and I occasionally help out at a local firearms training facility. I shoot almost every major 3 gun in the U.S.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Well im a hunter myself and I dont want to go out at 4AM and dodge vehicles driving around with thier lights off. Same goes I dont want to drive down a road with my lights off not able to see other hunters and accidently hit one thats standing on the edge of the road because I had my lights off. If your driving through the woods with your lights off you run the risk of hitting deer that you cant see. People hit deer in the day light, now imagine how much harder it is to see a deer running out in front of you with no lights at all. Is disabling your DRL lights worth thousands of dollars of damage to your outlander? I dont know where lefty hunts but if its somewhere he has other people hunting then he should have some sort of lights on to see them because we all know theres some dumb people out there. On a side note if your hunting small game where there are alot of people and they have dogs, I would like to have my lighst on so I dont runthe dogs over. Dogsdont understand running in front of a car is a bad idea.These are my points.
The biggest thing is pulling up to where I'm parking my vehicle. I don't need headlights to see where I'm going when I'm moving at four or five miles per hour, especially if there's any kind of moonlight. You can see a hell of a lot better in low light situations than you realize-most people have just been taught to use lights because the sun is down.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM

I am from Canada where there is no HID option. I am considering adding aftermarket HIDs. The problem is that with the DRL circuit it doesn't supply enough voltage to the HID during the day and they would flicker. Your post solves 2 piece of the puzzle.

Disable the low beam headlights as DRL.
Rewire the headlights with 12v

Is there a way to wire the DRL circuit to use the fogs as DRL? It is required by law in Canada to have some DRL. Essentially, I am trying to rewire my outie to behave like the US model with HID.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 07outty

.......so if all of you DRL lovers did not have a vehicle which had DRLs' ,you would turn on your headlights during the day so you could be "joe safe driver" ? ? ?

this is a great "how to" thread for peolple who do not want DRLs'.

lets leave it as that.
You are right, if I wasnt equiped with DRL's I would not bother turning on my head lights. But thats the point of DRL's so you dont have to worry about doing it, the car does it for you.

I agree the OP had good intentions, but in all seriousness, disabeling DRL's is only practical and worth the hassle if its on the HID's equiped models because those models take away the practicality of fog lights.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Hey Okla7788,

Here is a link to a long explaination about the DRL.
http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t31...and-hid39s.htm

I also posted a reply to the question about Aftermarket HIDs.

Take care,
E

Quick Reply: 2007 DRL - Daytime Running Lights Disabled!