Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander MMCS to SDA Head Unit Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 03:00 AM

Where did you buy the cable and the fascia? Do you have a link?

I will get my SDA in the next week so your help is badly needed.

Originally Posted by Foxtrotoscar
Hi,

I have (somewhat) successfully swapped my MMCS unit for the SDA in my MY2016 4H outlander Phev. I have the issue with the mic not working and wondered if anyone had come across a fix for this? Also the preheat/charge timers from the head unit are not accessible. Everything else is working great though including Apple CarPlay after purchasing the cable 8755A296 and facia 8718A030

Old 05-05-2019, 03:10 AM

The cable and facia were both ordered from a Mitsubishi dealer, it took a number of weeks to arrive from japan. Another option might be to remove the cables from a damaged car in a breaker yard

Old 05-08-2019, 04:08 AM

What is the cable for?

why do you need a fascia, shouldn’t it be straight forward replacement?

can you please show a photo of your finished project?

Originally Posted by Foxtrotoscar
The cable and facia were both ordered from a Mitsubishi dealer, it took a number of weeks to arrive from japan. Another option might be to remove the cables from a damaged car in a breaker yard

Old 05-12-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Vipermla
Would you be able to have photos? I have ordered my SDA and have schematics of both radio with me but it is a bit too technical for me.
I am in the process of doing the same conversion. I got my SDA from a wrecker together with USB cables. Everything is good except no mic and no DAB+ radio. Foxtrotoscar has solved the DAB+ issue if I can get the same conversion cables that he used. The schematics sound very interesting and may shed light on the mic problem. Where or how did you get them? My other big problem is I have a Google Pixel 2 XL and it's not on the compatibility list with the SDA. The Pixel 2 is, but not the 2 XL. Is it just that the list was compiled before the 2 XL was on the market, or does the SDA interrogate the connected phone?

Old 05-13-2019, 02:35 PM

Photos have been uploaded but mailing on mod approval I think

Old 05-13-2019, 07:46 PM

I can share the schematics if you need it.

the USB cables I got from the wreckers is not complete, they have cut it in the middle. How dis you manage to get it working?

Originally Posted by DoctorBob
I am in the process of doing the same conversion. I got my SDA from a wrecker together with USB cables. Everything is good except no mic and no DAB+ radio. Foxtrotoscar has solved the DAB+ issue if I can get the same conversion cables that he used. The schematics sound very interesting and may shed light on the mic problem. Where or how did you get them? My other big problem is I have a Google Pixel 2 XL and it's not on the compatibility list with the SDA. The Pixel 2 is, but not the 2 XL. Is it just that the list was compiled before the 2 XL was on the market, or does the SDA interrogate the connected phone?

Old 05-13-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vipermla
I can share the schematics if you need it.

the USB cables I got from the wreckers is not complete, they have cut it in the middle. How dis you manage to get it working?
The cables I got from the wrecker were complete. It would be great if you could share the schematics.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:41 PM

Old 05-13-2019, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the schematics. Now to try to make sense of the mic circuit on page 10 compared to the MMCS.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by DoctorBob
Thanks for the schematics. Now to try to make sense of the mic circuit on page 10 compared to the MMCS.
Please give me direction of what you find and how you completed the changeover once you complete it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2016 Outlander MMCS to SDA Head Unit Swap