Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

60k service on a 07 Outlander xls 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Smile 60k service on a 07 Outlander xls 4wd

Hello , I am a new member who has just found this group and I have a major question that I hope you all can help me with.

I have a 07 xls Outlander 4wd and I am approaching 60k. I sent a email to my local dealer about the cost of this service , he floored me with a quote of $2100.00 . This included replacing the timing belt and plugs and other items in addition to replacing fluids on the 4 wd system .

What exactly do I need to have done in order to keep me on the road . My brakes and tires has been recently replaced so they are not an issue . Thanks for any info you can supply !!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 PM

Timing belt is done at 100k miles along with spark plugs.

by 60k on an '07...I'd make sure the power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, and possibly the transfer case and rear differential fluids are changed. with the right tools, all but the coolant is easy. Coolant took me quite a long time. Also, the only special fluids used are for the transmission and somewhat for the coolant. coolant is available in parts stores, just have to be very specific. Transmission fluid availability is dealer only...but that doesn't mean that an independent shop can't do it.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst

by 60k on an '07...I'd make sure the power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, and possibly the transfer case and rear differential fluids are changed. with the right tools, all but the coolant is easy. Coolant took me quite a long time. Also, the only special fluids used are for the transmission and somewhat for the coolant. coolant is available in parts stores, just have to be very specific. Transmission fluid availability is dealer only...but that doesn't mean that an independent shop can't do it.

Thanks for your response .Do I need to change the gas filter and cabin filter ??

Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 AM

cabin filter can be had for about 20 bucks at most auto parts stores. it fits right behind the glove box and is relatively easy to do.

I checked out FRAM/Purolator's websites and they do not list it as a serviceable part without disassembly...OEM parts distributors have it for $100+. There is nowhere in the service manual that it shows how to remove it or labels it..but I think i took a snapshot of the fuel system as shown in the service manual. I think it is back by the rear wheel. Anyway, I've yet to change mine out, probably won't until aftermarket units are available. I have a hard time paying $100 for a fuel filter.

Attached Thumbnails 60k service on a 07 Outlander xls 4wd-fuel_filter.jpg  
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM

It is amazing what the dealer will add on at service time . Thanks , you provided a great amount of helpful info for me . How do these guys sleep at night?? I emailed my dealer just to get a point of reference on what the costs would be so I could make a decision based on good knowledge and you gave it to me .

Old 02-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Arrow Hmm

If you do not go to a stealership how much should a 60000 mile service cost total?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 AM

Other than making a whole lot of money off it is there any logical reason to change your timing belt and plugs at 60k???

Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 AM

unless you've done something to damage them, no reason. We changed the timing belt and plugs ourselves at 105k miles. The engine feels new again. The plugs were a great improvement. Timing belt could have gone a bit longer, but did have some wear on it.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst

Thanks for the info. Just had my local shop do all that work for $306.