Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aftermarket Amp Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Default Aftermarket Amp Installation

I have recently bought a 2007 Outlander LS. It was a dealer leftover and i got a great deal. I love it.

It came with the stock 6 speaker, single CD, MP3 compatible 114(?)watt system. I like the speakers and i don't want to install a super system but i find that the volume is a little low. (Speed Volume is not on).

Under the front passanger seat, there is the platform where the amp would normally go in the higher end system. There are also a number of wires. Are these wires that have been pre-run for the installation of the amp? I know that mitsubishi installed the wiring for power seats in the LS even though you don't have them installed.

If the wires attached to the bracket under the pass seat are not for the connection to an amp, what are they?

I thank you in advance for any info.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket Amp Installation

Has any one looked into this yet? I am interseted as well.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket Amp Installation

If you take a picture of the area under your seat, inlucde in text the number of pins and there color pin outs and ill compare it to mine. So you can confirm they are for the amp. The only things wired under the passenger seat are the AC Invertor, Amp, and Seat heater.

The factory amp has two wider connectors. The cables for which come out of the base of the floor area, the heated seats have 5 lines with smaller connectors on the end that come out of the area at the divider bar for the front floor area and the floor area under the seat. All the ones for the seat heaters have less then 6 cables per connector.

Hope that helps